Sometimes I wonder what I am doing

So here I am, 35 weeks pregnant and officially on maternity leave and i have to wonder, what on earth am I doing? I worry all the time about bringing a baby into this world when I have MS and may not be able to look after it. I’m generally ok for now apart from permanent blurred vision in my left eye left over from a bout of optic neuritis a year ago so I guess I’m lucky…for now. I know pregnancy is good for MS and have been very well throughout my pregnancy but I’m terrified of what might become post partum. Or maybe I’ve just got too much time on my hands while on maternity leave to over think everything. I guess once the baby arrives I won’t have time to mull over everything, I will just have to get on with it. So if there is anyone out there who has had kids after their diagnosis and can share their experiences that would be lovely. Hope to hear from some of you soon Lisa x

lisa-

i had my 4 kids before diagnosis, worrying really is a waste of your precious energy.

theres lots of positive things i could tell you but the bottom line is-live in the now cos u have no control over the future until it happens and so u will deal with it then-i know you will!

please dont mis understand me-i understand ur concerns but you will muddle through-we have to.

enjoy it all-u cant get the past (pregnancy!) back either.

ellie x

Hi Lisa I had my first relapse when pregnant with my first child. I saw a neuro at the time who told me he couldn’t perform any more invasive tests until after the baby. My symptoms went before the baby was born and I assumed they were pregnancy related. My first baby was born 8 years ago. I had no other symptoms and went on to have 2 more children. This year I had my second relapse which has left me with mild symptoms. If I’d have had the diagnosis before having children I may have thought twice, but I’m here now & wouldn’t have anything different from how it is. Don’t waste time worrying about an unknown; just enjoy being a mum. I can honestly say I’ve been the happiest I’ve ever been since having my children and ms can’t take any of that away from me Good luck with your pregnancy Jane xxxx

Hi lisa im coming up to 34 weeks pregnant and in the middle of a relapse i rang the ms nurse today after i lost my balance as it got too much he said my body isnt coping with being pregnant which is whats causing the relapse your further gone than me and fine so your body must be stronger i too worry about relapsing after shes born ill probably still be having a relapse tbh we will cope we have no choice but to cope im starting medication for ms after shes borm so hopefully that will help a little to keep it away x

Hi Lisa

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Do let us know how you get on and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

I am always interested in pregnancy, babies and MS. My husband and I are currently trying, we both have MS. We just made a deal with each other not to relapse at the same time!!! (if only it worked that way!)

Sorry to hijack when I have no advice. Please take care and keep us updated.

xx

Hi Lisa I had my 3 children after knowing I had MS. I felt great during pregnancies and after childbirth. I have Secondary Progressive MS now but was well enough to raise my boys through to adulthood Worrying is only natural but there is no knowing how this illness will progress and there is plenty of research going on now so reason for optimism about the future for you. Please just try to enjoy your pregnancy and your baby. There is every reason to be hopeful that you will be able to be an active Mum. Stress isn’t good for MS so relax, get plenty of rest during your maternity leave and very best wishes for an easy birth and a beautiful healthy baby! Karen

Also your having a natural birth so they cant ne worried about your health ive gotta have a csection asleep how old are u if u dont mind me asking x

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your comments. I’m feeling a little brighter today thankfully, just feeling very big and pregnant!! Hi catmummy, I’m 35 years old. Wish I had had kids years ago but it wasn’t meant to be I guess. I have been reading your other posts and I really hope you are feeling a bit better. Being pregnant itself is like wading through mud without having MS on top of it all. Take it easy xx

Yes i just woke up from a nap have to walk to the school in a little while to pick my daughter up from nursery theres nothing wrong with having a baby at 35 its better than 15 lol x

Hi Lisa, well you cant turn the clock back, so here you are, almost due your little one and yeh, you probably have got too much time to think. But this bab will arrive and hopefully all will be well and then youll just get on with loving and tending for his or her needs and youll wonder why you worried.

You`re blessed with starting a family and stop beating yourself up about summat that you cant change.

Have you washed all those tiny babygrows and vests and cardigans and got the nursery ready? Go on have another look at what you`ve put together and play mummy for a while.

Good luck

luv Pollx