So much pain advice needed please :-(

Morning all,

I wonder if any of you suffer with occipital neuralgia.

i am not diagnosed with ms, it was mentioned initially by my neuro, but in the light of a clear MRI etc was dismissed and now I am told I have migraines. I asked why I have numb patches that have stayed for over 18 months and got some garbled theory about auras. I have never known a migraine aura to last that long. I have consistently had new patches appear with periods of being unwell. I November last year I started with my right hand and arm cramping, within a day my right hand went numb and a few days later the excruciating pain started in the hand that last weeks.

since then the feeling has never come back. I finally had some nerve tests done of the hand and it was found that I have nerve damage

?cause.

Yesterday, I woke and noticed a couple of toes were numb but felt like someone was squeezing them, they are still doing that today, but last night about five I started with occipital neuralgia. I have had it in the past, but nowhere near as bad as that. I was nearly crying and passing out with the pain. I got home and took some meds for it, but even this morning it’s still there. My right hand and arm are burning, I am experiencing a lot of twitching all over and the tinnitus I have experienced in my right ear for weeks now is louder than normal.

I went to a different gp a few visits ago who felt that it could still be ms, but at the end of the day, clear MRI’s are proving otherwise.

i guess I am just trying to figure out what others on here think with hindsight and experience.

thanks for reading this

sam

Hi Sam, I hate to see a post go unanswered like your`s, but I am not sure I can help.

I have had 4 MRIs, none of which showed any proof of MS. Likewise for the many other tests too ie LPs, EMGs.

Yet my symtoms were very MS like.ie footdrop, spasms, fatgiue, pins and needles.

I haven`t ever had any eye problems.

Hang on in there hun.

luv Pollx

Thanks Poll,

Its crippling me, don’t know how I have hot through another day of it, two days solid now. I think a visit to the gp is in order tomorrow.

thanks again for the answer.

love Sam x

Hi Sam, you really must see your GP quickly to get some pain relief & ask to see another neuro if your symptoms have changed or increased since the last visit.

Hope you get some help

Rosina x

Thanks Rosina for your reply, will definitely be getting an appointment to see him. Woke this morning and it’s still there and I know it will only worsen as the day progresses and I get tired.

thanks again guys

sam xx