So I've started filling in my disability living allowance claim form...

I made it to the “outdoor walking” part and nearly spit my coffee all over the monitor.

the bit that begins “we cannot take into account steps or uneveness of the ground”

wish I could use that rule…

Huh, me too! I`ve been on DLA since 2000. Every 3 years we had to sit down and go through the dreaded questions. It took days to complete!

In 2008 I was awarded DLA indefinitely…but I don`t hold my breath on that one!

Just a little advice for you, if you don`t mind.

Always keep copies of the forms…they are good at losing them in DWP offices.

Plus, when you re-apply down the line, you won`t remember exactly what you wrote.

As the forms tell you…tell them how life is on your worst days…and don`t hold back the horses, eh?

Good luck.

luv Pollx

Hi,give your local DIAL a ring,they came out and filled in my forms for me and I got high rate mobility and care indefinatly.Hope this helps,Dave.

Already tried that, earliest appointment they had was April, I was more making fun of the wording on the form though…as if there is a significant portion of the UK walkways that are flat and even, that having to take into account walking on uneven surfaces/steps or slopes is unreasonable.

Join benefit and works site - invaluable

Susi

Some District Councils have benefits advisers - or do I mean “used to have”?

Lolli xx

When filling in your dla form take care not to just tick boxes always follow up with reasons for why you cant do the action IE pain and stiffness prvents me doing this or if you have spastivity tell them this dont hold back on anything.

dont just use one word answeres when you can use twenty, remember the person reading this hasnt met you and can only go by what you write.

good luck Barbara.xx

The bit I found most amusing (not) was how often did ‘it’ cause me problems (it refers to many sections and circumstances on the form, just given different names). I, in my inocence had not realised that I could choose how often a day/week etc I could be inconvenienced by my MS symptoms/problems! (well that’s how the form reads anyway!).

Just think folks, if you could choose you could have MS and all its related problems 6 days a week and have a day off on the 7th. Now wouldn’t that be a deal? I think we would all put our name down dor that one - wouldn’t we, even one day out of seven would be a true blessing wouldn’t it?!

Good luck with the form, best advise, get help - anyone who has experience of these will at least help you to stay sane.

Ann

The bit I found most amusing (not) was how often did ‘it’ cause me problems (it refers to many sections and circumstances on the form, just given different names). I, in my inocence had not realised that I could choose how often a day/week etc I could be inconvenienced by my MS symptoms/problems! (well that’s how the form reads anyway!).

Just think folks, if you could choose you could have MS and all its related problems 6 days a week and have a day off on the 7th. Now wouldn’t that be a deal? I think we would all put our name down dor that one - wouldn’t we, even one day out of seven would be a true blessing wouldn’t it?!

Good luck with the form, best advise, get help - anyone who has experience of these will at least help you to stay sane.

Ann

I don’t seem able to receive recent messages! The ones I am getting date back to 2012 can you advise of how to view recent ones from this year 2019?

I would not fill it in online. Print or copy the form. Fill in a draft. Sleep on it, get a friend or relative to go over it carefully. There is nothing stopping you adding bits. “This on a flat surface - if path is wet, freezing, uneven or it is dark it is unsafe for me to walk” for instance

i think people need to check the dates on the original question, Julie asked the original question in Jan 2012, I do hope she has finished the form by now!

Admin might be able to help re the messages not coming through