shower seat

after getting a wetroom installed,socia care gave me a shower seat,it is excellent no balance problems,ty social care

Never thought I would sit down to shower but I got one put in my wet room and it’s ab fab

Jane

Oh you’re so lucky I’d love to be able to just have a shower to walk into and sit down, did the social do it for you?

Janet

x

yes social did it,then wife got involved abd it cost us a fortune at the end

Hi Janet,

mine was done by the council when they adapted my bungalow (council house)

Jane

Thanks All for answering my question. At present we have a bath and I have to risk falling getting into the bath to have a shower as I can no longer sit in a bath without sliding down as my back just will not support me. Thanks once again.

Janet

x

contact social work and ask for ot assement,if they dontr give u one contact ur local counciller,they will help,infact the reason mine got rolling INwas talking to councellersd wife ,who mentioned it to hubby,and I got a half step out the door grab rails at the door and the wet room,good to have pals sometimes :slight_smile:

Hi all, I have a full shower chair/commode, with wheels. I need support all round and this chair was made for me by social services after great input from ot. It`s great!

luv Pollx

social work can do a lot of things right,if you get the right ot,

Thanks everyone, I am having a home assessment next week so hopefully I can get something done for me. Fingers crossed!! Certainly not my legs, he, he!!

Janet

x

Hello,

If you have smooth glossy tiles in the shower area you can get handles with suction pads and you can place them wherver you want

I talk about them on my website http://www.aid4disabled.com/always-take-a-shower/. You can also but through my website.I find them absolutely invaluable. Also got a vertical handle or rab rail.

Find both those items essential, to get into the shower and yto hold whilst having a shower.

Good luck,

Patrick