Should of listened

Hi all and hoping you are all well,

I’ve had the last 3 weeks off work due to relapse, tried to go back to work today as sick note had run out, took me 40 mins to walk there it normally only takes 15. I walked into the shop and my manager took one look at me and said “are you sure you should be coming back yet?” so I burst into tears in a shop full of customers. After calming down I agreed to go back home, contacted GP and he signed me off for another fortnight.

This my first confirmed relapse so I’m just learning how to deal with it all, but I thought I knew better than anybody else around me including the GP when he told me not to rush back to work, the probelm is I only work part time anyway so don’t get any sick pay from company so hate having time off work I might get a bit of SSP. Now I feel very silly for not listening. Why do I always think I know better? I hate arrogance especially my own.

Two more weeks of daytime TV! God help me!

BeckyX

Hi Becky

It sounds as if you are quite new to all this so don’t be too hard on yourself. It takes a while to come to terms with what we can and can’t get away with and you are finding that out now. I’m still learning 4 years on from dx so I think you are doing well :slight_smile: (and walking to work too - brave girl - I haven’t managed the short walk to work since Easter as I daren’t trust my legs!).

Put your feet up with a nice cuppa and if you can’t stand daytime TV then dig out a DVD that you’ve been meaning to watch for a while (or borrow one from someone else or the local library). That should pass a few hours. The best cure for a relapse is rest, rest, rest.

Take care <>

Tracey x

Hi Becky

It sounds as if you are quite new to all this so don’t be too hard on yourself. It takes a while to come to terms with what we can and can’t get away with and you are finding that out now. I’m still learning 4 years on from dx so I think you are doing well :slight_smile: (and walking to work too - brave girl - I haven’t managed the short walk to work since Easter as I daren’t trust my legs!).

Put your feet up with a nice cuppa and if you can’t stand daytime TV then dig out a DVD that you’ve been meaning to watch for a while (or borrow one from someone else or the local library). That should pass a few hours. The best cure for a relapse is rest, rest, rest.

Take care <>

Tracey x

I’m the same. Keep thinking I can do more and then end up back at square one! So today I’m having a Harry Potter marathon x

Me too! I had 3 weeks off work and definitely went back too soon so I’ve booked leave this week. It’s getting over the guilt of doing nothing that I’m struggling with. I’m watching last nights big brother but can’t stop thinking about the lawn that needs cutting and the house that needs cleaning!

Do not blame yourself. It is only by trying to do things that you find out where your limits are. What other people say doesn’t cut it - your own experiences will be your best guide. Try to relax now and benefit from some quiet time. You have done your best - time to rest now. Alison

Hi all,

Thank you for your kind words, I am relatively new to this-diagnosed Oct 2012.

It’s frustrating learning your limits I’ve always been a little stubborn!

Going to try and make a start on the mountain of books I’ve always intended to read, if my concentration will allow it.

Good wishes to you all

BeckyX

There’s nothing wrong with being stubborn. My stubborn streak is what gets me through most rough patches. Happy reading!

Tracey x

Hi Becky, youre not wrong to try to go back to work. But now you know your body better, youll be able to judge things better.

You have to pace yourself or you end up in a worse state…as you found out hun.

Look after yourself.

luv Pollx

Sorry to hear the return to work didn’t go quite as planned. Hope these couple of weeks off help you to recover fully. Its good you have an understanding manager though. Take care of yourself. Laura x