Shoe advice please??!!!

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all as well as you can be. I posted here last week about my feet and had some lovely and very useful replies.This is just an update. I saw my wonderful neuro yesterday and expained about the pain in my feet and joints ( as well as everywhere else!) I have to gradually increase my dose of pregabalin over the next couple of weeks, but if things don’t improve he has recommended trying Duloxetine which is a anti-depressant based drug which work by calming down the nerve pain. I take Cipralex anyway which is a mild anti depressant ( to stop me roaring at everyone!), but if I take the Duloxetine it will hopefully kill two birds etc. I’ve also been referred to a rheumatologist as I tested positive for lupus a couple of years ago, which can affect the joints badly, but there’s also something called Palindromic Rheumatism which a lot of MSers get apparently. I think he wants to see what comes up from my blood tests. If anyone has any experience of any of these horrid things and has any tips on how to cope, I’d love to hear from you.

As for the shoes, I am going to buy some ART shoes, once I’ve decided on a style, but yesterday bought a lovely pair of Hotter shoes, which are quite attractive and most of all like feathers on the feet!

keep well everyone

Alison x

Hi Alison, I’ve just come across this post and thought I’d add that I find croc’s the most comfy things ever. They are light as a feather, squishy to walk/hobble in, and the furry one’s are great for winter or just when you need a bit more comfort. They’re not everyones cup of tea, but for me they are a godsend. Oh, and you can put them through the washing machine! Good luck with the new drugs, and with the shoe quest! xx

Thanks Hunny! To be honest these days I’m not too bothered what my shoes look like as long as they don’t hurt my feet! Mind you, I’ve a wedding coming up in September that I’ve been invited to and would like to wear something really lovely. I’d probably manage for 10 minutes and then end up barefoot for the rest of the day.

Take care

Alison x