Seeing the twins

I’ve just come back from seeing Naomi and Laura my twin Granddaughters, I’ve had a lovely time watching peppa pig and building castles. They are two years old and are absolutely gorgeous, I usually get the bus home but today I was so tired that Lee came to pick me up. I love going to see them but I wish I could roll back the time to before my disability set in , I wish I had the energy of a normal Grandma, I’m not old only 52 but I feel ancient. I have such extreme tiredness and really wish I could walk and run and push the pram and drive them to interesting places …you know what they say " if wishes were horses beggars would ride. Michelle and Frazer xx

1 Like

oh michelle you have just helped me shed wee tear! if wishes were horses beggars would ride! a friend of mine wrote this to me 9 years ago and will u believe this, i met her for lunch today! we nearly got asked to leave premises for laughing but it was blooming good to catch up with her. i have 3 grand daughters-the middle one i take regularly on my lap to story time at the library. its far from easy but we both enjoy our special time! glad u had a good day! ellie

Thanks for your lovely message Ellie , I’m glad you had a good time with your friend it’s good to be able to have a laugh. My Granddaughters love having a ride on my wheelchair, we can still have fun and be good grandma’s can’t we. Michelle and Frazer xx

Hi Michelle

My grandchildren used to love riding on my lap on my wheelchair, or me reading books to them, I miss that now, as they are way too big, but we still have ‘special times’ just sat chatting.

Enjoy every minute, whatever you do with them, they will recall all those times later in life, as will you.

Pam x

Oh Michelle, I have the same frustrations about being a father. I’d just like to be able to walk next to Rose in the street whilst holding her hand.

Steve

1 Like

Aww Steve ,you don’t need to walk, to Rose you are the best daddy in the world! Michelle and Frazer xx