Second autoimmune disease

Hi all,

I recently got diagnosed early last month with RRMS, Then a couple of weeks later I got a letter to say I’m going to be treated for pernicious anaemia also. I’ve only just read about the likely hood of being diagnosed with a 2nd auto immune disorder if you suffer with one already. This has come to a bit of a shock to me I just think it’s so strange.

I wondered how many of you also have been diagnosed with other autoimmune diseases since your diagnosis?

X

I was diagnosed with hashimotos in 2010 and ppms 2016.neuro thought I had ms for about 10 years.

I forgot to say I was diagnosed with Crohn’s over 30 years ago.

I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in 1996 and then RRMS in 2005.

MS, RA & Scleroderma, that’s a hat trick!! Tracey

hey tracey

that deserves a treble gin!

only when you are back on it.

my aunt has RA, my sister has psoriasis and i’ve got ms.

my aunt is far worse affected by RA.

carole x

Type 1 diabetes, Addison’s disease, under active thyroid, Coeliac and MS. Do I win a prize for that lot?

Blimey, I should think so. Having one is bad and unlucky, more than one seems unfair but having 5 is really bloody awful. And some real nasties in that lot as well.

Sue

[quote=“Ssssue”]

Blimey, I should think so. Having one is bad and unlucky, more than one seems unfair but having 5 is really bloody awful. And some real nasties in that lot as well.

Sue

[/quote] In all honesty I’ve always led a full and active life without any problems until MS came along which did put a spanner in the works due to the fatigue mainly. Looking on the bright side though I did receive a medal for being on insulin for over 50 years so life can’t be bad can it? :slight_smile: