Scooters (again!)

I am going to rent a mobility scooter for a week to see whether I can manage.

I have a choice of 2 that I can hire locally - Ultralight 480 and Shoprider Cameo.

I need a scoot that is suitable for pavements and can break down for transporting in the car (Nissan Tino)

Has anyone any experience of either of these models? Recommendations?

no idea but here’s a bump to get you back to the top of the page

I think that’s a really good idea (renting one for a week)

I can’t help with either of those models.

Can you have an initial try to see which one suits you best?

Will you be putting the scooter in the car yourself?

I have a Pride Elite Traveller Sport. It’s quite robust and can go most places but I couldn’t get it into the car myself.

Prior to that I had a Pride Elite Go-Go Traveller 4. It was a good, reliable scooter. It couldn’t handle some terrain, which the Sport can, but it was much smaller and lighter and therefore easier to get in the car. I could do it once but not more recently.

Scooters vary but they all do basically the same job. I think you need to consider where you are likely to use it (terrain) and how easy it is to get in the car.

Good Luck!

Anne

A lot of people on this and my other “scooter scaredy cat” post wrote lovel and encouraging things so I wanted to bring you all up to date.

I rented a scooter for a week and - from the moment I tried it out - I was HOOKED!!! Why did I worry? Why did I put it off for so long??? I couldn’t wait to slap my credit card down on the counter and buy a chariot of my own - so I did

My new shiny red beast (Christened “Mrs Murdle” for anyone who has read any of the Lord Peter Wimsey books) has now been delivered. I am sooooooooooo pleased.

2 Likes

Great news! I used to use Shopmobility scooters before buying my own.

I had 12 fabulous years with my Shoprider Sovereign. I now use a wheelchair, as my mobility is nil.

I gave it to a lass on here and hope she is still using it and enjoying her trips out.

You enjoy your`s too!

pollx