Scared and unsure

Hi
I haven’t had a diagnosis of MS but have migraine. A recent MRI has shown some lesions and now friends are talking about MS.
I do have numbness, pins and needles and am clumsy. I also get tremors sometimes. My anxiety may be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, but i wanted somewhere to sound off where i would be understood, so chose here.
Anyway hi, I’m Liz 46 and long standing sufferer of migraines. Thanks

Hi Liz
Sorry, there’s not a lot we can do to determine your status regarding MS. Yes, people with MS do get more headaches and more migraines than those without but obviously that’s a giant leap from an MS diagnosis.

Who ordered the MRI? GP or a neurologist? What is the next step? Pester tham if they are not moving fast enough for you - he who shouts loudest etc.
Graeme

1 Like

Hi Liz
I really do know how you feel. I had a brain MRI and they found lesions too about 6 I believe.
I have been told I have CIS.

I am learning that everything with MS or MS routes moves very very slowly.

Do you have an appointment to talk with anybody about the MRI results.?

1 Like

@Eliza76 i have just recieved the breakdown of my MRI results saying i have a ‘suspicious distribution of lesions’. I need more tests but they ‘suspect previous neuro inflammation’. I am terrified. Its the waiting that is killing me.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks, I have an follow up appointment in December with a neurologist, so not too long to wait. Spoke to my GP yesterday but he just glossed over it. Will write down my concerns/history before i get there so that i can get the most from the neurologist!
Thank you for all your help! :slight_smile:

Liz