Sad news

Hi folks

I heard some sad news this morning; some of my friends in the local MS branch have a daughter who lives in the states. One of their grand children was cycling across America for an MS charity and was knocked down and killed by a car. She had just finished college and had graduated with honours.

It did make me think that taking part in MS charity events, although highly commended, can sometimes be dangerous and life changing. I wonder if my elderly friends will ever get over this tragedy.

Wendy x

Dear Wendy,that is a very tragic event,and the family must be devestated.I’m wondering if there is some way that ‘The Royal We’ from these esteemed boards can do to try and thank the family for her efforts,provided the general consensus is a yes.

Just a thought,and I’m sure that other thoughts will spring forwards

Wb x

Wb’s idea would be nice to send flowers from the ms society uk.

its terribly sad wendy. just can’t comprehend their loss and grief.

stay safe all of you

carole x

Oh Wendy that is so sad.

How awful that your friends grand daughter’s kind efforts ended with such tragic unhappiness for her family and friends. They must all have been so proud of her. They must feel absolutely devastated.

I second what Wb has said. It would be a kind gesture to send a card or flowers to say how sad we all are that this lovely lady’s efforts ended so tragically. If there was any way to put money in a pot for this to be done then I for one would be delighted to do this.

Shazzie xx

l would also like to add to Wb 's post. ls there anything ‘WE’ can do - this is so sad.

Whatever is decided, Im in. How sad

Thank you all for your very kind words, we have a committee meeting this week and I feel sure that we will want to send some flowers or something to show our concern.

Wendy x

Oh, Wendy what a tragic thing to happen. I too, would be happy to make a donation towards a gesture from the MS Society if there was a way to do so.

Tracey x

Hi. I did reply earlier but for some reason its not showing. This is so very sad, whatever is decided count me in xx

Hi Wendy That’s such a terrible waste of a young life. I’d like to be counted in, if there’s any way to make a donation towards a gesture of condolence Kind regards Jane xx

Hi to all of you lovely people. I am sure my friends would appreciate your heartfelt gestures, I think I need to speak with my committee here to decide what we will do. The grand father is in poor health (apart from MS) and he may be already feeling bad that it was an MS charity she was riding for. I am very touched by these posts and I thank you, you have made me feel a llittle better anyway.

Take care and thank you.

Wendy x

Hi to all of you lovely people. I am sure my friends would appreciate your heartfelt gestures, I think I need to speak with my committee here to decide what we will do. The grand father is in poor health (apart from MS) and he may be already feeling bad that it was an MS charity she was riding for. I am very touched by these posts and I thank you, you have made me feel a llittle better anyway.

Take care and thank you.

Wendy x

Sending my condolences to hun.

Very sad, very sad indeed.

luv Pollx

Terrible news - v sad for the family…

Very sad to hear of the tragic news Wendy. Heartbreaking, Noreen x

So very tragic and sad Love Helen

That’s so incredibly sad. Condolences to your friend. xx

Such sad, awful news, my thoughts are with your friends … I agree with Wb too x