Forum

Royal ascot-mobility advice

hi, I am off to ascott with a group of friends for my 40th, its becoming quite apparent that there is no way ill be doing it on my legs- so am sorting a scooter, we may be able to hire one there or hire one and take it with us, has anyone been before- my friends that have been before all say yeah hire one its fine- but id feel more reasurred if a fellow wheelie could let me know if its ok.

Cheers

BCxx

We went to Ascot some years ago - before they built the new stand. l went in a wheelchair - and had no trouble - do get in touch with them and see if they hire out w/chairs or scooters. Some race-courses l have been to have a raised area for disabled folk to park and get a better view of the course. l could never walk amongst crowds - although as most of them get a bit tiddly l don't think anyone would take notice of the way l stagger about.

Just go and enjoy yourself.

You're worth it!!

F.

Cheers Honey, it says on their website that they hire wheelchairs-you need to book them and you pay a returnable deposit, im hoping it scooters as well i wouldnt want my wonderfully gowned friends pushing me all day-although my arms are ok so i could self propel with gloves on. would be much easier to hire there than take on the coach. really looking forward to it. and means if im seated i can wear heels without falling over in them ..lol

cant wait - very excited