Room 101

I reached into the dryer last night to get warm socks and came out with nothing. I thought I had a sock or two but because of the numbness in my hand increased by the dryer’s heat, I was wrong. Christina

I always make sure my dishwasher is loaded properly Charlie, he does the pots very well & he hasn’t dropped any, yetx

1 Like

Mine is the same. He’s a good dishwasher. Doesn’t require button pressing or tablets. He just gets on and does it.

Sue

1 Like

Spot on. I fall into the category of invisible disabilities to the point that even my close friends and family forget sometimes, until something major happens. My sister is the worst when I cancel due to exhaustion. Her response is that she is too and that I should try having 4 year old. I did that, 15 years ago before MS. I know it’s not the same.(wow… I needed to get that out)

Back to the loo; while 95% of the time I don’t use the disabled loo, there are times when I need to. The numbness in my hip and rigidness of my legs when they’re acting up make it difficult for me to rise and the rail certainly helps. I’ve certainly judged when I exit the disabled loo.

1 Like

hiya

a few hours spent in the kitchen with jon richardson may help?

ellie

Oh jeez where do I start!

Damaged/broken access ramps on housing estates.

cutting my toenails(why do we have them)

sleeping for 3 hours… As an afternoon nap

facial hair on women! (Bloody itchy)

Wasps!

thats just for starters…

Husbands that just spend too much time on electronic gadgets. Marriages that are well past their sell by date.

Toenails. That is definitely going in room 101.

Why? What’s the point? How the hell are we supposed to cut the blighters?

know the feeling all to well!

Also those who think there is a washing fairy!

The ones who think you only need to clean the bits of the house that are visible!

And the ones who are delusional!

Back to more trivial matters

Poxy call centres telling you your computer has a virus!

American English instead of English English in England (two times instead of twice for a start)

Having to buy my bra from Germany because there wasn’t one UK retailer selling what I wanted!

Oh god I’ve gone unusually blank!

For now

Any food that comes in tins, it’s wrong.

2 Likes

I don’t mind hubby only cleaning the bits of the house that are visible. Life’s too short to make a fuss about that. It gets done eventually. You couldn’t get a bra you wanted from any retailers in the UK! Wow. Should try Ann Summers maybe. Hehehe. Now the callers… I’ll start a new thread for this one.

Jeez this is always going to be fraught with disagreements. I’m with the only- clean-the- bits- you see camp. Or pay a cleaner, which I do now. Thing is, there is no one way to do anything - clean house, iron, wash up - and when you start needing help with these things, you soon learn to accept the way others do it. Or alienate every employee. tinned food? electric can opener. toenails? pay a chiropodist - mines a saint. But trains that do not have spaces or ramps designed for wheelchairs or scooters that are more than a certain size…ooh don’t get me started

1 Like

Haven’t decided mine yet… but loving everyone else’s!

I do have a laundry fairy. I throw my clothes in the general direction of the washing basket, by some miracle they are collected, washed, ironed and put away. I’m very lucky in that regard. He doesn’t even mind being called a fairy.

Sue

1 Like

Very true Jackie. Very true! Oh, and they’re always "doing great ". You’d never think anything was wrong with them. Grrr

There’s a difference between untidy/messy and dirty I’m untidy and no I don’t I expect anyone to move the sofa weekly/monthly or even bi-annually (even though I used to do so) but it’s now 6 years and counting! Bedroom windows haven’t seen water inside for something similar (rain does outside)

ironing = waste of life (and always has been) with very few exceptions.

Last visit to chiropodist cost £70 (£7.00 per nail, nail extensions are cheaper)

When things where better years ago (15 or so ) I acquired a red velvet Anne Summers number it was too small and is still in my drawer, cotton soft cup non wired size 44k impossible! No to bravissimo no to curvissa no to yours no to Evans no to M&S and all the rest, unless there’s an independent high street shop run for 47 years by two sisters in their 70s without a website that I can get to…

The washing fairys’ only been doing her own and if he wants any clean clothes he’s got to at least help or do his own! Because Mrs Muggins can’t do it all anymore! MS and stuff.

I’m putting myself in room 101!

People (like me) who unintentionally highjack other people’s threads

I’m very sorry Charlie.

unless on topic I’m shutting up now!

Gosh Dolly, you still sound as unhappy as your Feeling Trapped post and that is quite sad. Now I’d better pop into 101 myself for being a thread hijacker.

Tracy - are you sure you do it properly? My Mrs says she has done it properly but clearly she is wrong.

Totally agree , if I could pay to have them removed I would !