Robotic Vacuum Cleaner

Oh Tina, What a thicko I am, I had no idea they actually existed. As you say it does sound a lot of bother, so I guess I’ll stick with my robotic hubby. He, he. Janet x

Oh Tina, What a thicko I am, I had no idea they actually existed. As you say it does sound a lot of bother, so I guess I’ll stick with my robotic hubby. He, he. Janet x

Whoops what happened there? Janet x

Hehe,

Looks like it’s not just robot vacuums that have minds of their own, but your computer is starting to have one too, eh Janet?

Seriously, they DO exist, and are getting better and more affordable all the time. I admit, I don’t enjoy having to clean mine of my long hair, and would probably use it more, if I didn’t have that to contend with every time. But that is a fiddly chore, more than strenuous, so probably still beats having to push a traditional hoover around.

If you Google “Roomba” (one of the biggest brand names, and the kind I have) and “cat”, I’m sure you’ll be able to find lots of videos, not just of the robot vac doing its stuff, but the cat having a ride!

Although they’re robots, they’re not humanoid ones, so don’t imagine C3PO. More like a big, heavy motorised frisby, or a very small flying saucer - although it doesn’t fly like either of those - except if it attempts suicide by throwing itself downstairs.

T.

x

Thanks for replies folks, now that I’ve had the robotic cleaner for a week or so, I just set it off every night after tea and the floor is maintained in a relatively clean state. I have two children and a husband btw. It tackles the kitchen, dining room, living room, utility room, hallway, vestibule on one charge, yes it’s slow and the filter needs emptied every night but , a lthough it does make a noise, I wouldn’t call it noisy as such iyswim, but we’re not big telly watchers so the noise doesn’t bother us, if we were perhaps we’d find it more annoying. The only thing it struggles with is tht we have a couple of bar stools and it tends to get stuck on the base of them. Because I need a new vacuum cleaner for stairs, carpets, big messes etc I’m going to look at these cordless ones so thanks fo that advice everyone. Tina, I’m away to look for videos of cats on robotic cleaners. Cheryl:-)

Thanks for replies folks, now that I’ve had the robotic cleaner for a week or so, I just set it off every night after tea and the floor is maintained in a relatively clean state. I have two children and a husband btw. It tackles the kitchen, dining room, living room, utility room, hallway, vestibule on one charge, yes it’s slow and the filter needs emptied every night but , a lthough it does make a noise, I wouldn’t call it noisy as such iyswim, but we’re not big telly watchers so the noise doesn’t bother us, if we were perhaps we’d find it more annoying. The only thing it struggles with is tht we have a couple of bar stools and it tends to get stuck on the base of them. Because I need a new vacuum cleaner for stairs, carpets, big messes etc I’m going to look at these cordless ones so thanks fo that advice everyone. Tina, I’m away to look for videos of cats on robotic cleaners. Cheryl:-)

Hmm, Maybe the gremlins are at work here Tina!! Cheryl I to am going to take Tina’s advise and google. Best of luck. Janet x

1 Like

I pay a cleaner. She does the hard stuff. We also would have struggle with a hoover such as in the BEGINNING of the thread so bought a “stick” hoover which copes with the little messes made by wheels and muddy boots. NO cord. No weighty machine.

We’re happy with our roomba so far. I just love how we get to have all the controls on our mobile phone. The only problem I have with it is when it eats up wires. When it does, it gets stuck eventually until it reaches 0 batt. We’ll have to check from time to time if it’s still running or anything. Vacuuming wise though, it’s good even on carpets.