Results

I am sorry to be a pain but does anyone know roughly how long the Lumbar Puncture results tend to be. I had a private one. Sitting at home driving myself mad, I have never felt so helpless. Thank you Kim

Kim

It’s all a case of how long is a piece of string. Results will take as long as they take depending on where you are, and how they plan to notify you of results (ie do you have a follow up appointment?)

If you don’t mind me saying so, you seem in the last few days to have decided you have MS and plastered the MS forum with posts.

I totally understand how horrible it is to be plagued with symptoms and waiting for a diagnosis, any diagnosis, no matter how awful. But, you’re just not going to find a diagnosis from an online forum.

The biggest problem with MS is that there are so many symptoms; when you have problems physically, it’s possible for almost anyone to slot their symptoms into MS and decide they virtually have a diagnosis. But it’s also equally possible, that someone has loads of symptoms that fit MS to be diagnosed with something else, or even to stay in limbo.

So, all I’m trying to say is that you may have MS, you may not, but you are not going to find an answer to that question on here.

Don’t feel like I’m being horrible or unkind, I’m really not, I’m just trying to save you some worry and angst. Because it does seem that you are winding yourself up into more and more upset and panic.

Try phoning where you had your LP and ask them how long it will take for the results of the LP to be analysed and sent or told to you. If you already have a follow up appointment, see if that can be brought forward (so long as all the results are in).

Otherwise, try to see your GP and explain what is going on physically and ask if there’s any help you can be given, whether it’s a mild neuropathic pain medicine like Amitriptyline or Gabapentin, or even a mild sedative because of your extreme degree of worry.

All the best Kim

Sue