RESULT!!

Evening all, hope you`re doing the best you can. Just devoured a plate of mince, neeps and tatties! Our Scottish friends will know what that is, eh? Lovely!

Well now, you may recall that I had recently put in a request to increase my care hours, (Direct Payments) as things were getting harder and harder for hubby.

I got the call today…it`s been approved!

This means I can have a carer come every morning to shower and sort me out! Then another can take me out twice a week, plus do 1 sleepover a week. This is particularly helpful to hubby. My nocturnal needs to get up for a wee are all over the place! Hell be able to get at least 1 good nights sleep a week. We have a spare bedroom upstairs (i sleep downstairs), which is quiet and peaceful…lucky him, eh?

All this starts next Monday…with a T`ai Chi class!

If anyone has wondered about Direct Payments, then go for it. It does seem daunting at first, but is great when it`s sorted.

luv Pollx

That’s great news, Poll!

And you got the impression they weren’t going to come through, didn’t you?

Miracles do happen.

Luv,

T.

x

[quote=Anitra]

That’s great news, Poll!

And you got the impression they weren’t going to come through, didn’t you?

Miracles do happen.

Luv,

T.

x

Yeh they do Tina! ta for your reply. Just read your post about your boss who needs educating on fatigue and MS. As he`s leaving, do you think you should bother? maybe not, eh?

look after yourself.

luv POllx

Hiya Poll,

Probably not worth it, as you say, as he’s moving on. Ironically, it IS the fatigue that makes me think: “I dunno if it’s really worth explaining to him”. Doesn’t seem worth getting on my high horse with someone who won’t care either way, in a week or two, does it? And it might end things on a rather sour note, if I start quibbling about my appraisal, with somebody who isn’t going to be my boss any more anyway.

One upon a time, I would’ve thought: “Yeah, but this was unfair - I need to challenge it”.

But nowadays, I’m more inclined to think: “He didn’t say anything really damning; it’s not worth the energy of responding.” :frowning:

Obviously, if it had been an official reprimand, rather than just “comments”, I’d have had no choice but to defend my position with a lecture about how MS can affect people. But as it probably won’t even go on the record, it doesn’t seem worth the effort.

T.

x

Brilliant Poll, I’m really pleased for you and hubby. Mince, neeps and fatties, is it haggis tomorrow? Cheryl:-)

Hey Poll I am so pleased that you’re getting your hours, it’s fantastic news! You and hubby both deserve it. As you were worried that it wouldn’t be approved, it must be such a load off your mind. Good things do happen, Love Teresa xx

That’s great news Poll, really pleased for you both.

Love Janet x

Great news!

sonia x

Wonderful news and the sun is out…2good days in a week.

Pip

Cheers everyone, for your kind words and support…you`re a good bunch on here!

luv Pollx