Restarting rebif after 2 week break

Hi, Has anyone re-started rebif after a break of 2 weeks? Can you just restart or do you need the taper pack again? Thanks Louise

Hi Louise

I always used to just crack on as usual if I had taken a break from rebif,it stays in your system for quite while so it wont even notice a two week break.

Ricky

Hi Ricky Thanks ever so much for replying. Will start again tonight then. Only actually on rebif 22 but wanted to make sure all was ok before I started. Thanks Louise

Hi Louise,

Just wondering why you stopped. I stopped on the 44 mcg as I was getting really bad side-effects. I haven’t taken for three weeks now. I am waiting to see my neurologist to see what my options are.

Adrian

I’ve always been really lucky with the side effects. I only had a bit of a headache that was sorted by paracetamol but I suffer with vivid dreams and I was hoping they’d stop by stopping rebif. But they haven’t and I think I need to be on a DMD really. I’m on rebif 22 as my liver function altered when I moved on to rebif 44. When I stopped rebif my consultant suggested I try avonex as its only once a week but I like injecting subcutaneously and not sure if like intramuscular. I’ve tried copaxone but the injections hurt too much.