respite

Afternoon all!

I watched PMQs today and someone asked DC about recognition that it is carers Week this week.

He said he commended all carers for their sterling work and wanted to make sure carers get their respite.

Yeh, right!

My hubby gets his respite because I manage to save a bit to pay for a holiday with my 2 carers. They pay for themselves too.

Hubby has mentioned he may take a few days away, when we go away in September.

Where`s the money coming from? not the govt or council, as we were told we could lose some of my present care, if I ask for more!

And in August, hubby turns 65…he`ll get his state pension BUT he will lose his CA.

Does this mean he will stop caring for me? I chuffin hope not, or ill be in a right old mess.

luv Pollx

I know what you mean Poll. It all sounds so “caring” and plausible coming from a politicians mouth unless you are at the sharp end and having to live with the reality. You are made to feel like you should be grateful for every morsel thrown your way. I want to reach through the TV and slap Esther McVey whenever she opens her mouth! Try to resist the urge to throw something at the telly eh?!