Relapse

Hi all. I know everyone is different but can someone give me a bit of advice pls. I’ve had symptoms for about 3.5yrs. Just waiting on neuro apt now after an abnormal MRI. My question is the symptoms I had usually come and go in short periods. However two weeks ago was when I started experiencing new symptoms of facial droop, slurred speech and memory fog or struggling to get my words out and also a numb tongue. It all happens at once lasts for various times ranging from 20mins to 2hrs. It’s happened about 5 times in 2 weeks. I still have my old symptoms coming and going as well. Does this class as a relapse. Or does a relapse mean I have the symptoms constantly for a period of time. Sorry it’s long winded. I hope your all well. Thanks

Oh I forgot to mention I’m struggling to sleep as well lol X

Hi Ni2i (or can I call you Nickel). Sorry, I studied Applied Chemistry at University, but have a wicked sense of humour-lol!.

Anyway, a relapse is normally classed as the appearance of new symptoms, or the re-emergence of old symptoms, for a period of 24 hours or more. This has to take place in the absence of a change in core body temperature, or other infection.

Sorry to read about your lengthy journey to achieving a diagnosis. Unfortunately, I’ve learnt that that is quite normal for many people.

Good luck.

Tracyann

ps. If you fancy a little bedtime reading, check out the NHS link for MS. Here it is:-

Thank you Tracey much appreciated x