Raising funds for MS Society

Hi there

Anyone who lives in Berkshire or who knows someone with MS who lives in the Reading/Wokingham area might wish to know that my friend John Ellis will be running the New York Marathon on Sunday 3 November to raise funds for our branch of the MS Society.

I am a support volunteer for the Reading, Wokingham & Districts Branch and we offer support to those affected by MS in a variety of ways. We also contribute to research commissioned by the national MS Society.

Run entirely by volunteers (which means all money raised goes direct to those affected by MS) the branch needs to raise around £75,000 a year – and this year our two major fundraising events were very badly affected by the terrible weather we had in the spring. So we are looking at new sources of funding and are delighted that John has offered to help.

We have raised £310 so far and would like to raise £1000 so do please pass on to anyone you think might wish to make a donation. John’s sponsorship page is here http://www.sponsorme.co.uk/johnellis/the-ing-new-york-city-marathon-2013.aspx

Thanks

Hilary

MS Society Support Volunteer

That’s brilliant, I will share that link on facebook later on :slight_smile:

I’ve just been roped in to being a Mo Sista for my 4th year of Movember, not a lot of fun for me as it means I have to put up with a virtual yardbrush on my husband’s face for the next month :frowning: Hey ho!

Sonia x

Shared on FB. Hope that helps !!

Thanks Sonia, or should I say ‘Mo Sista’, and Mrs H - I really must get round to setting up a Facebook page some time soon1

Will let you know how John gets on after Sunday.

Hilary x