Post tagging - special request

Hello all

Since the forums were relaunched there has been the option to ‘tag’ new posts with eight different topic areas.

Tagging is a great way to bring new people to the forums and to keep the level of support we offer consistently high.

To tag a post you simply click on one or more of the relevant tick boxes when you start a new topic.

This means posts can be filtered by users who are looking for specific information. Tagged topics can also be fed onto pages on the main website so people can see if, for example, there’s an interesting conversation about ‘Symptoms’ or ‘Treatments and therapies’ taking place.

Of particular importance is the tag for ‘Not MS’. When you start a general off-topic conversation please remember to tag your posts ‘Not MS’ so that these threads can be filtered out by users who are looking specifically for information related to MS.

Thank you

Greg [admin]

Hi Greg

How do we report a post on this new site? I think the following posting is an advertisement and I’m not keen on advertisers getting onto our site as I don’t want to be bombarded by ads. I want information from people with MS and this may be genuine but it does not come across as this Wear Moncler Jacket and Falling adore in Winter
by mmzi123 on 26 Oct 2011

Thanks, Mary

Hi Mary

Yes - I’ve spotted it, edited it and blocked the user in question.

To flag posts as suspect click the ! icon to the top right of the post and enter a reason. This emails the mods and admins so we can pick them up.

Greg [admin]

Greg, any chance of getting a spell checker? My pc spell checker doesn’t work on this site. It does on others.

Thanks,

Pat

[quote=“PatB”]

Greg, any chance of getting a spell checker? My pc spell checker doesn’t work on this site. It does on others.

Thanks,

Pat

[/quote] Hi Pat My spelling isn’t great either but now I have come across a quote that makes me feel so much better… “It is a damn poor mind indeed which can’t think of at least two ways to spell any word.” Andrew Jackson Bonnie xx

Hi Pat

What browser and what version of the browser are you on? Also, what spellchecker is it.

The reason I ask is that we currently don’t have any plans to add spellchecking to the site but I’d like to see if there’s anything I can do to get the spellchecker on your computer working with this site.

Greg [admin]

[quote=“bjs”] [quote=PatB]

Thanks,

Pat

[/quote] Hi Pat My spelling isn’t great either but now I have come across a quote that makes me feel so much better… “It is a damn poor mind indeed which can’t think of at least two ways to spell any word.” Andrew Jackson Bonnie xx[/quote]

Love it!!! Thanks Bonnie :slight_smile:

Karen x

Hi Greg… gosh not even sure what a browser is. Sorry Greg I get awfully confused. I’ve got a new laptop and it’s Windows 7 and I use Google Chrome to search for stuff. Not sure what spellchecker I’ve got… but when I use other sites the misspellings are underlined in red and I can right click to correct them.

Don’t worry if you can’t help… not the end of the world as we know it…

Pat x

Hi Pat !

Have you tried writing your posts on a blank windows document (using that spell checker) then copying and pasting onto the ms site ?

It’s what I do if I’m having a “bad spelling day”

Good luck,

Seb x

The Firefox browser has a spell checker built in that will work with any forums/blogs/etc.

John

[quote=“jhartridge”] The Firefox browser has a spell checker built in that will work with any forums/blogs/etc.

John

[/quote]

I use Firefox and the spell checker no longer works on this forum.

You’re right ! I hadn’t noticed. How bizarre.

Hi HaHa73

I think you have found the right place - I’d always recommend starting a new topic to introduce yourself - they are a really friendly bunch and know everything there is to know about all things MS.

Greg [admin]

Thanks Greg

Not sure where the right place is to put feedback so am going to add this to several of the webteam posts:

We are not all receiving email alerts for private messages. Please can you fix this.

Why do I keep getting the ‘word verification’ thing and why does it sometimes ask me to do the ‘word verification’ over and over again. I just did it 6 times in an effort to answer a post and have now given up.

its to verify/prove who you are. There is so much fraud going on you should be pleased about the checks. Sorry. jan