Pendant emergency alarms

Hi.

This is the first time that I have been part of the Forum, so I am new to the process.

I wonder if anyone has any advice about choosing and paying for a pendant alarm system, which ones are good value and reliable and which ones aren’t.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Fred.

Hi Fred Sorry can’t be of help to you on this but thought by my reply it would at least bump you up the forum in a hope that someone can answer your question. Again sorry I cant offer any advice Sue

Hi Fred

I have a careline system through the local authority. You can either

choose to have one that goes around your neck or, like me, the one

that is worn around your wrist. Any emergency whatsoever, you press

the button on the pendant and it automatically connects you to the call

centre, and after speaking to you, send whatever is needed ie. doctor

ambulance or a member of your family to assist you.

I pay quarterley for mine and I think it works out approximately £1.50

a week, but it gives you and your family total reassurance should you

need help, so well worth it in my mind.

Hope this helps, take care

Pam x

The Age Concern Aid-Call system is very reliable and the service is very good. My elderly Mum had one for years and it saw a fair bit of active service (she fell over a lot) and the system always worked very well.

Alison

Hi Fred and welcome to the forum…

I’m in sheltered housing so we all have one that goes through to local authority call centre. It’s very good. They call ambulance and then someone from local authority comes to let paramedics in.

We pay for ours as part of our service charge, but Pam says in her post that hers is £1.50 a week which I think is a great deal for peace of mind and help if you fall.

Pat x

Hello there Fred and welcome.My solution is different but with the same outcome.'Cos my one bedroom flat is so big I tend to wear the landline phone and the mobile around my grubby little neck until I disembark from t’powerchair and roost in front of the telly,computer or on the ‘Throne’.I’ve got a couple of good neighbours on Speed Dial on the mobile and a Key Safe on the outside wall.

There hasn’t been a problem,but if there was you could guarantee the mobile would be by the bed.Nah,I do keep it with me and I’d get help one way or the other,

Be lucky,

Wb <(L)>

[quote=“hopalong8”]

Hi.

This is the first time that I have been part of the Forum, so I am new to the process.

I wonder if anyone has any advice about choosing and paying for a pendant alarm system, which ones are good value and reliable and which ones aren’t.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Fred.

[/quote] bbn

If you are getting a call bell I agree the local authoritiy one is probably the best and your doctors surgery /district nurses can tell you about that. But it might be a chance to think about having a key safe outside of the property that they can have the number of. As a district nurse and ms sufferer key safes are the way forward and it means that emergency services/ district nurses etc can access your property if you have a tumble

[quote=“lollypop”]

As a district nurse and ms sufferer key safes are the way forward and it means that emergency services/ district nurses etc can access your property if you have a tumble

[/quote] Good point. If the alarm centre hold the key safe code, it can make life a whole lot easier in an emergency (and even when not an emergency it is convenient for GP/district nurses etc to have the code). Alison

Key safe’s are great I have one and wish I’d got it years ago. Sue

Thanks to everyone who’s given really useful suggestions. I now have a number of options and some practical advice.

For my first use of the forum, it’s been really helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Fred.