Painful heels, particularly at night

This is new to me and affects both my feet. The pain is pretty bad, like a constant stab/burn. I’ve had plantar fasciitis in the past and that was bad, but this is much more painful.

Anyone else get this?

I too used to wake up in the night with my heels burning. The paid is quite bad I agree, and because I sleep on my back I am more aware of it. I saw somewhere that putting a piece of sheepskin under your heels helps. I had a piece that I used to sit on when I used a scooter (never throw anything away) and this helps tremendously. When I went away on respite I forgot to take it and had pain every night again. Hope this helps.

Thank you VQ. I thought it might just be me, glad its not, but sorry you have it, too. I use sheepskin so will try it under my heels, but I’m a tosser/turner all night and have found keeping anything in place difficult. I’m coping at the moment by rubbing in arnica gel whenever I wake for loo/take tablets etc.

Thank you VQ. I thought it might just be me, glad its not, but sorry you have it, too. I use sheepskin so will try it under my heels, but I’m a tosser/turner all night and have found keeping anything in place difficult. I’m coping at the moment by rubbing in arnica gel whenever I wake for loo/take tablets etc.

Hi Valentyna I seem to recall many moons ago looking after elderly patients who used to have a special sheepskin heel protector that fitted to the feet rather than be placed underneath. It might be an idea to see if you can google something like that. J x