Out of hours

Last night I had to go to out of hours , the severe ear ache is trigimal neuritus. Michelle and Frazer xx

Hi Michelle & Frazer,

So sorry to hear that you had to go to the out of hours but hopefully now you know what it is you can be treated accordingly. What are they going to do for you?

I’ve not heard of Trigimal Neuritis before but I do I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia and that’s very painful so I understand what you’re going through.

Hope you’re feeling better soon :slight_smile:

Twinkle Toes xx

Hi Michelle I hope the out of hours were able to prescribe some helpful pain relief. Have you got a date for your MRI yet? I hope you feel better soon. Sue x

Hi Michelle I hope they were able to help, and that you feel better soon. Pam x

It’s that twinkle I just didn’t know how to spell it. It was awful I was crying with the pain , it was in my ear and down my face , it’s still there and they prescribed something called amitriptyline, which is an antidepressant but also used for nerve pain . Also pescibed diazepam and something else to stop me feeling sick. I couldn’t understand why the doctors were saying I didn’t have inflammation of the ear when the pain was so bad and also scary with the pressure in my ears and tinnitus. The pain is still there but I feel a bit better now especially knowing what it is. It’s worse at night time. Michelle and Frazer xx

Thanks they prescribed amitriptyline and diazepam and something else to stop me feeling sick. I’ve got my mri on the 22nd of May if this clears up I’m not sure that I will cope with the mri if I’m still suffering with this. Michelle and Frazer xx

Thanks Pam, still hurts but I’m glad I’ve got the meds. Michelle and Frazer xx

Hi Michelle & Frazer,

Aww, I’m so sorry that is what I suffer from sometimes. I know it’s extremely painful, very uncomfortable and very distressing too so I understand. I can’t remember what it was that they prescribed me but whether I took it or not I don’t know.

Hopefully once you start your medication it will start relieving things for you and with you now knowing exactly what it is that will also ease some of your Anxiety.

I’m sure you’ll be fine for your MRI :slight_smile:

Hope you feel somewhat better tomorrow.

Big hugs

Twinkle Toes x

Hi Michelle

Im so sorry to hear that you were so bad that you had to go to the out of hours. I’m sure the medication they’ve they’ve given you give you some relief. I also take amitriptyline at 40 mg and I find it very helpful and with the diazepam I’m sure you will feel a lot better. Hopefully you will be able to have a good nights sleep tonight.

Take care and all my best wishes Jane. X

so sorry Michelle its an awful pain,theres nothing worse,hope you are feeling a bit better now,with the meds. J xx

Aw, not good. I really hope the meds help.

Sonia x

Thanks everyone , it’s still painful but it’s not as extreme and the panic has gone. Frazer was worried but he s happy now. The doctor at the out of hours had total respect for him and said he could tell that Frazer was sad about me. Michelle and Frazer xx

So sorry to hear how much pain you’ve been in, thinking of you and sending you hugs!

Nina x