Out of action for six weeks

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone is as well as can be and you all have beautiful sunshine as we do in Herefordshire?

Unfortunately way back in April I was diagnosed with stage three lung cancer…the waiting has been a nightmare and now after three months and three very traumatic bronchoscopies the oncologist is ready to start treatment. On Monday I go daily at 8.30 for chemotherapy and radio therapy concurrently for a week and a day then four weeks of daily radio therapy and then the sixth and final week( I really really hope) is another concurrent chemo and radio therapy week.

I’m not dreading the treatment but I’m dreading having to go out daily…if memory serves the last time I went out daily was in 1991!!! 26 years ago!!

I’m sure I will still be reading all your posts but if I’m not up to replying you will all know where I’ve vanished too!

Take care of yourselves my lovely friends, I will be hoping you are all as well as can be.

Love to you all,

Nina xx

2 Likes

Hey mate, good luck with everything will be thinking about you, lots of love to you

2 Likes

Oh Nina, I am sorry for you.

I hope the daily treatments work and you are back again to tell us all the good news.

Bless you.

pollsx

2 Likes

Hi Nina I will be thinking about you I hope it goes well and you are back to normal soon Love Michelle and Frazer xx sent from my mobile phone

2 Likes

wishing you the very best of luck Nina,hope the treatment goes ok for you,please keep us informed when you can.

sending you lots of love and hugs.

J x

2 Likes

Hi Nina,

I’ve put a sticker on the wall above my computer with your name on it.

That way I can think of you every day

Best wishes,

John

2 Likes

Hi Nina

Hope the treatment goes well and you will be back with us soon (((hugs)))

Pam X

2 Likes

Oh Nina, that must be such a blow for you. I wish you all the very best and the strength to get through this. X

2 Likes

Hi Nina, I do not post very often but I just wanted to send my good wishes and hope that all goes well for you. Sue x

2 Likes

Bloody Hell Nina - that’s an embuggerance and no mistake! Can’t add much different to what everybody else has said. Just grit your teeth and get through the treatments and remember that there are a load of friends here transmitting a load of good vibes in your direction.

2 Likes

Oh Nina sorry to hear your news …sending much love and strength to add to all the rest coming your way…

2 Likes

Wow Nina, such a lot to cope with. I wish you nothing but the very best - I hope all your treatments are a breeze and you’re back with us all asap.

Juls

2 Likes

Best of luck Nina. Stay strong & try to enjoy life, as best you can.

Terry

2 Likes

Thank you all so much! The first day was very hard.

Love Nina x

2 Likes

Stay strong Nina (((hugs)))

Pam x

2 Likes

Thinking of you Nina,hope it gets easier for you,these next few weeks

((((((hugs))))))

lots of love.

J x

1 Like

Nina, you are one of the voices I always listen to.

To have this on top of everything else is really testing.

Best wishes and hugs. Steve. ~((((((((((((((((((((((:slight_smile: )))))))))))))))))))))))))

2 Likes

Aw Nina, bad luck honey

I’m so sorry to hear your new and can totally understand how you feel about going out every day (I’d be lying if I said I got dressed every day!) but with treatment on top, you have my heartfelt sympathies.

I hope you’ll keep us posted. I’ve been laying low recently - I think partly due to feeling pretty low but I fully intendto come back so please post when yo can and let us know how you’re doing

Sonia x

1 Like

Hi guys, Nina is now in treatment… this is day 3 so she’s got a long slog ahead but she is so amazingly brave!

I’ll ask her if she minds if I give little updates on here.

One other thing, her husband is a complete star! So incredibly supportive & doing internet research, making phone calls etc trying to get Nina the best possible treatment.

Love to all and take care,

Pat xx

5 Likes

Thanks so much to you all!

Day eight today! My gp tells me he’s never had a cancer patient on such a tough regime but he’s pleased because he

says they wouldn’t attempt this if they didn’t think a cure was vaguely possible.

your support and hugs ,really,really help!

take care, everyone,

love,

Nina xx

2 Likes