organ donation

Me too, Sally. We discuss it quite matter of factly. The tissue bank will take what they need as will the organ team but as my body is going to the medical faculty, I will then go there rather than being released to my family.

i’m on the tissue bank but now i know that they might also take my organs, i’ll get a donor card.

as for funerals i want a cardboard coffin with felt pens left out for people to draw, write etc on it (nicked this from george melly)

i’ve chosen music to be played in the crem.

spirit by the waterboys and several others.

i’ve left instructions for everyone to have a good time or i’ll be offended. after all its the last party i’ll ever throw!

carole x

ps i dont find this at all morbid

Mmm,an emotive subject indeed!

If someone feels strongly that they want others to benefit from their organs, or the tissue bank to help with research, then fine…that person has the right to do so.

But it is a not talked about subject in our house…not my decision, but hubbys. He doesnt even agree that we could be blood donors. I was before I got whatever it is Ive got! Then I was told I couldn`t donate blood anymore.

I have said to him, What if you need blood and no-one gave any? No answer!

I imagine it would be useful to let the HSP research guys have my bits and pieces, in their search for what caused HSP. But I dont want to cause an argument with hubby over it.

luv Pollx

Absolutely Poll…some people just find the subject too difficult to deal with. My hubby has just disclosed that, as an ex Royal Navy serviceman, he wants to be buried at sea…WHAT!! How, in the name of all that is holy, am I supposed to organise that. Bloody fool !!

Suppose you could book a cruise!

luv Pollx

I’ll bloody toss him off the end of Tynemouth pier. Same difference !! He’s just left for work, chuckling away to himself…like he’s funny. I’ve got a good mind to make up a bed in the bath and when he gets home, tell him that it’s to help him get used to a watery grave !!!

Ha! I like that!

luv Pollx

I am a organ donor and they accepted me, i ticked all the boxes so they can take everything

Make him arrange it before he goes Mrs H

Hi Pip,

Yes, you can be an organ donor, but not blood -(Organ people will confirm) as someone said if it’s between an organ from someone with MS or nothing. The patient would get the choice.

Jen x

Haha…that was an emotive topic but funny too mrs H… :slight_smile: made me chuckle. I really wish I could donate blood…without blood donors I would not be alive and watching my little boy grow up or going through all the cheeky backchat! I lost 7 and a half pints of blood after childbirth and was told very matter of fact I am very lucky to be here. However my hubbie has still not donated blood much I my annoyance and about a year ago was diagnosed with a kidney condition which means he cannot donate now. Gonna go on organ donor site now. I have already registered with the tissue bank is that all I need to do for that bit?. X x x

I think you actually need to ring them and get consent form sent for you to complete. I will be leaving a copy with my will and a copy with my solicitor. It is an emotive subject but I’d rather deal with it while I’m able and not leave other people who I care about to have to face all the decisions on their own. Xxx

Agree Mrs H… You may as well plan your hubbies too now…might take you a while! :slight_smile: x

why can’t we give blood? I also cannot see the point in a service as I’m not a person of faith just the crem for me

mel x

Lisalou…burial at sea…fool !! But I’m not technically sure he was joking !!

Trying to get on the organ donation website and it keeps crashing, must be all the people trying to get on! X

Unbelievably as I was reading your post, I got FB message from NHS organ donation campaign, to say that, due to an overwhelming response to tonight’s ITV Tonight programme their site has crashed and please ring them on 0300 123 2323 Spooky or what !! Xx

Weird…I will go on tomorrow and do it. Good that the show has had that response. I’m watching it now on sky plus. My hubbie has never been sure about organ donation however I think it’s far to say this programme has changed his mind. Can he donate anything to my research too do you know? His kidneys pretty much useless…they function at the moment but covered in little cysts so not sure anyone will want them! X

Yes he can. The MS tissue bank need brain and spinal column from people who do not have MS for comparison and they say that this is equally important. Regarding organ transplantation, I think it’s best just to complete the registration and let the transplant team decide what they can take, when that position is presented. Xx

Thanks Mrs H. X