Nutribullet!

i questioned that amount as well. but i have lost a lot of weight and muscle. the dr.'s did check if there was other issues and there wasn’t. but they also said that for me just 3 meals a day is not enough, need to eat 5-6 a day. snacks that contain protein as well. that’s makes a lot more sense.

Did the Doctor tell you to have that much protein or did they just tell you to “up” your protein? Having more small meals a day can be great for some people and making them protein rich is good because, not only does it help build muscle rather than fat, protein rich food does fill you up and makes it much easier to avoid excessive carbs. After I had major surgery on my “plumbing” I was advised to eat small but regular meals with more protein but less carbohydrates and fat. Chicken is good (after my op I found red meat too hard to digest). Eggs are good (look up what are called “crustless quiches” - tasty, and you can freeze wedges of them which is handy). Milk, nuts (almonds!) and cheese are high in protein too but do have a lot of fat too.

There are lots of high protein snack bars on the market (some are aimed at athletes others at slimmers under the “Atkins” logo. My experience is to avoid them! They taste DISGUSTING (and tend to be full of gelatine too - which I think is yeuch in those quantities!!!)

There’s only so long we can dodge bullets. That yummy looking steak for dinner with jacket spuds, mushrooms, onions & marrow fat peas in gravy. Just wouldn’t seem the same in a blender. MS has a lot to answer for.

I wish it wasn’t the only thing to get on my nerves.

To be perfectly honest I got to the stage where if I even saw another smoothie I would want to throw up!

I over-did it… typical of me. I still use it to mill my flax seeds so it does get used.

Btw… if your Nutribullet gets very hard to push down onto the motor, it’s because those small levers have got stuck. Use a cotton bud and put a few drops of water onto each lever. Wait and while and then try pushing them down…I found it easier to push them with a chopstick. Keep pushing them down and letting them come up until they move up easily (very hard to explain but if you use a Nutribullet you might get it!).

A tip that I got off the Nutribullet facebook page (a handy resource if you’re still blending).

Pat xx

You can make lovely dips with your bullet. - and also use it to make the base of a tasty soup. There are two ‘heads’ that come with the set. One is a extractor- fruit and veg and the other is a milling blade for seeds/grains. Dry fry the seeds and spices first to get the best flavour and break down the oils in them.

And don’t forget - it makes a good pesto.

A few weeks ago, I got a juicer and was —carer was, as I couldnt manage it…juicing fruits and veggies. It removed all pulp and gave really filling drinks. I was amazed how I felt full all the time. I had 3 a day.

I was doing it as a weeks detox but by day 6 I couldve killed a cow and ate it!!!

It made a lot of mess and cleaning it wasnt easy. I gave it away! It only cost £25.

Maybe a nutribullet would be better. Do you have to peel everything?

pollsx

Poll the Nutribullet will nuke just about anything. Don’t have to peel. Can put whole seeds in to mill them. It is extremely easy to clean. You just hold it under a running tap.

Also you drink it straight from the container. Even has special top to screw on for drinking from. Even though I went off them (kill a cow… LOL) it is a remarkable machine. Worth looking on ebay to see if you can get one cheaper (unwanted gift or something).

I’d send you mine but it is great with my flax seeds which I continue to eat in hope it will cure my ongoing constipation! Also I hope one day I’ll get back to doing it. I think I tried to be too healthy and was making smoothies with kale and avocado and stuff and I was basically drinking green slime!!!

Hope you’re having a nice weekend? Sun is shining in London after a grey start.

Love ya,

Pat xx

I received mine yesterday. It was £38.00.

I’ve just had broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, pineapple and apple.

Is it really so easy? It feels like cheating.

Tonight I’ll have the remains of my tofu with morrocan spices. Don’t worry meat, I haven’t forsaken you.

Steve.

A good price. Where from ? If you don`t mind me asking. cheeky

Cheers! pollsx

l got mine from Ebay - Brand new - not a used one and it was under £40. And the one l got has several parts to it.

They were much dearer a couple of years ago.

You might find a second-hand one on ebay - as some people do buy these gadgets - or are given them as presents - and then do not make good use of them.

lf you mix green veg - spinach/kale/chard/broccoli /celeryand frozen berries/bananas - you will be surprised how the taste is predominately ‘berries’. Most supermarkets sell a selection of frozen berries and mango - and cheaper then buying fresh with no preparation.

l grow perpetual spinach and chard - which l just go and pick - and it carries on growing - all year round. And we have lots of blackberries/blackcurrants/raspberries in the freezer.

Apple juice is good if you need a bit of liquid…

Hello Scudge.

I was from e bay in the buy it now bit. It was an unused customer return.

Best wishes.

Just ordered one from Tesco Direct. £69.50.

Did`nt realise I had £42 in vouchers to use. So a bargain at £27.50.

I can pick it up tomorrow. Remember, you are what you eat.

Pat xx

Been looking at nutribullet machines on a bay and wondering what you think to the refurbished ones. There are lots costing around £ 30. Would you trust them to be ok?

Poll sx