numb legs

Has anyone tried/been referred to pain management clinics? Noticed these at the hospital today when I went for blood tests/eye tests. I am having alot of pain in my right leg at the minute, it feels like I have a wet crepe bandage wrapped around it and it is very heavy, really getting me down at the minute, not keen on taking any more medication so worried if these clinics are any good.

any advice would be most welcome

thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, I’ve never actually been to one but have read about them somewhere. They look at pain from various angles, so not only drugs but also complementary therapies and teaching ways of coping with the pain. I think they have good success.

Saw a bloke on telly who had suffered terrible back pain for years and often just wanted to end it all. After going to pain management his whole attitude had changed. They really helped him a lot.

Some of it is drugs of course but I think they really work with you to find the right drug and dosage for you.

Definitely check it out.

Nothing in the world worse than pain.

Pat x

Thanks Pat I will speak to doc and see if I can get referred to one of these, anything is worth a go. I dont want to up my dosage as these seem to only make me more fatigue. I will let you know how I get on. Had a good day on sunday at the park the service was lovely. I am taking my grandson to Drayton Manor in a couple of weeks and am finally giving in to having a wheelchair for the day. At least we will all have a good day out fingers crossed.

Hope all is ok with you

Mark x

Thanks Pat I will speak to doc and see if I can get referred to one of these, anything is worth a go. I dont want to up my dosage as these seem to only make me more fatigue. I will let you know how I get on. Had a good day on sunday at the park the service was lovely. I am taking my grandson to Drayton Manor in a couple of weeks and am finally giving in to having a wheelchair for the day. At least we will all have a good day out fingers crossed.

Hope all is ok with you

Mark x

Hi Mark, I went to the David Hockney exhibition here in London earlier this year. Used a wheelchair for the first time and was very nervous about it. Went with my sister and a friend who took turns in pushing.

It felt strange for about 10 minutes, then I noticed that everyone wasn’t staring at me and there were a couple of other people in wheelies… so I started to relax. I had a fabulous day. Crowds of people around the paintings but as soon as they saw the wheelchair they made room so I could see the paintings. Very nice and friendly.

Saw the whole exhibition (which was huge) and had lunch in the restaurant.

All ok with me thanks Mark. Same ole same ole as they say!

Pat x