Forum

North South

A few weeks ago I posted (on the old site) about a holiday on the south coast. Judging by some of the replies some peoples noses where put out of joint. One thing that got me thinking was that it was me who was unaproachable. Well I’ve just had a midweek at Primrose valley Scarboughra. Everybody, every day spoke, acknowlege and we had a great time (and got the weather) No prob whatsoever so to all those people (would make a rasberry noise but woulde’nt know how to spell it). Ronin

ronin wrote:

A few weeks ago I posted (on the old site) about a holiday on the south coast. Judging by some of the replies some peoples noses where put out of joint. One thing that got me thinking was that it was me who was unaproachable. Well I’ve just had a midweek at Primrose valley Scarboughra. Everybody, every day spoke, acknowlege and we had a great time (and got the weather) No prob whatsoever so to all those people (would make a rasberry noise but woulde’nt know how to spell it). l hope all your 'spelling ’ mistakes were intended as a pun. l counted five . Ronin

It’s not about North/South it’s because you were in Yorkshire. I’m not blowing my own county’s trumpet (well, yes I am) but we are warm and wonderful people with some of the nicest geography in England. However I am looking out my window at some of that beautiful countryside being lashed by wind and rain, don’t think you would have had such a good time this week. Jane

Yesterday my OT visited and told me that during her morning dog walking session she passed a lady walking in the opposite direction, she gave the customary ‘good morning…lovely day et.c’ and the lady looked horrified and scuttled off…she was slightly perturbed and concerned that she had offended her in some way. The next morning she passed the same woman who came over and apologised for the previous days encounter explaining that she had just move up from ‘down south’ and was not used to being greeted and spoken to by strangers…but said ‘how nice it was’! We live in Cumbria…'nuff said…I think it’s ‘Grim Down South’ Guido

My experience is that the further north you get the friendlier people seem to be. I am a Lancashire lass married (very happily) to a southerner, so have spent time north and south. In London no one makes eye contact for example on a bus or tube, up north someone usually strikes up a conversation. My husband is an exception to this though. :slight_smile:

off topic Campion can you tell me why you qouted Ronin’s post and then said nothing? :?: I’ve noticed this happening several times in various threads (not just by you) and am a bit puzzled, is there a meaning to it that’s passed me by or are people just confused as to how to use the board? on topic Can these stupid North v South threads please stop?? :roll:

susie27 wrote:

on topic Can these stupid North v South threads please stop?? :roll:

With you there Suzie, As anScottish lassie who’s been in England a long while I find it is as much about your approach to the community as their attitude! I like difference, it makes for interesting neighbours! Just like my wonderful diverse and exciting friends here! :sunglasses: Clare

susie27 wrote:

off topic Campion can you tell me why you qouted Ronin’s post and then said nothing? :?: I’ve noticed this happening several times in various threads (not just by you) and am a bit puzzled, is there a meaning to it that’s passed me by or are people just confused as to how to use the board? on topic Can these stupid North v South threads please stop?? :roll:

campion wrote:

ronin wrote:

A few weeks ago I posted (on the old site) about a holiday on the south coast. Judging by some of the replies some peoples noses where put out of joint. One thing that got me thinking was that it was me who was unaproachable. Well I’ve just had a midweek at Primrose valley Scarboughra. Everybody, every day spoke, acknowlege and we had a great time (and got the weather) No prob whatsoever so to all those people (would make a rasberry noise but woulde’nt know how to spell it). l hope all your 'spelling ’ mistakes were intended as a pun. l counted five . Ronin

The bit about the spelling mistakes wasn’t in the original post and it wasn’t added by Me :!: V

campion wrote:

ronin wrote:

A few weeks ago I posted (on the old site) about a holiday on the south coast. Judging by some of the replies some peoples noses where put out of joint. One thing that got me thinking was that it was me who was unaproachable. Well I’ve just had a midweek at Primrose valley Scarboughra. Everybody, every day spoke, acknowlege and we had a great time (and got the weather) No prob whatsoever so to all those people (would make a rasberry noise but woulde’nt know how to spell it). l hope all your 'spelling ’ mistakes were intended as a pun. l counted five . Well there you go I didn’t know we had to submit perfect posts without mistakes you must be a teacher, at least you can count and no the spelling mistakes wer’n’t intentional I can’t spell. Ronin Ronin

quote]

Wendels wrote:

It’s not about North/South it’s because you were in Yorkshire. I’m not blowing my own county’s trumpet (well, yes I am) but we are warm and wonderful people with some of the nicest geography in England. However I am looking out my window at some of that beautiful countryside being lashed by wind and rain, don’t think you would have had such a good time this week. Hi It may well be whatever it is it’s nice. I must compliment you on the chips they were brill all golden brown and crispy anda decent size. We’ll be sticking to the north. Ronin Jane

Ronin, does this mean that you won’t be gracing the south with your presence again? As somebody who has lived in all 3 areas of England (North, South and Midlands) I find people are the same wherever they live, you can always find what you are looking for. I would also like to echo Susie27’s plea, this a load of nonsense and should stop. Though I know I’ve just kept it going by replying :frowning:

Tonto wrote:

Ronin, does this mean that you won’t be gracing the south with your presence again? As somebody who has lived in all 3 areas of England (North, South and Midlands) I find people are the same wherever they live, you can always find what you are looking for. I would also like to echo Susie27’s plea, this a load of nonsense and should stop. Though I know I’ve just kept it going by replying Well thats nonsense and stupid, not as bad as last time, I was a bigot and a racist. This was a post based on experience and surly that is what these boardsare foe sharing experiences and talking ( or typing ). Yes I will be going down south again my son lives in Wiltshire. Incidentaly when my childeren where teenagers I advised them to move down south as I felt they would have better prospects / lives there. Ronin :frowning:

This thread is a strange one alright. :lol: :lol: I Am Scottish but live in England, their are talkative people in all walks of life as well as non talkative people, I am a quiet person by nature and don’t like talking to strangers first however the second they speak I am comfortable to speak back. It’s nothing to do with were you come from, it’s all to do with how comfortable or uncomfortable people are around strangers. My wife can strike up a conversation with anyone and we live not in the south or north of England but the middle of it, work that one one. :smiley:

Pretty please, I like you all and don’t give a toot about race, creed or location. I can’t spell or type particualrly well and no one has ever ragged on me about it. How about we stop this silly backchat and stop playing silly b*ggers, anyone would think this was that there ‘facebook’ the way we keep falling out!. I’ve never been to Primrose Valley but the name is so poetic I must know more (google here I go.) Clare xxx