Night/morning

Good O. I’m glad you’re sorted for evening entertainment and have your gin ready to go.

Im glad you’ve at least settled for a paper based appeal. I thought you might have called it quits entirely. I’ll be keeping everything crossed (metaphorically as I’m not really capable of much else!) Hopefully it will work out right, and you’ll get your car back!

Sue

I’m not altogether sure I approve of your Baileys, or your plans for dunking.

However, altogether, I do believe that you have the correct attitude to join our gang. (Whilst not wishing MS on anyone you understand!) Carole is the Coven leader but I believe is always happy for new members. (For the Island invasion primarily - you’ll maybe have seen something about that in the Brain Fog thread.)

I hope your spag bol and whatever else it turns into is suitably delicious. But you may not care by that time what with the Baileys.

Sue

hi grandma don’t worry cos i’m not an evil witch and i have no problem with dunkers. sue i don’t mind about the car. in fact the roads are so bad now, i’m relieved that i don’t drive. my greater manchester travel pass enables me to get out and about on trains and buses for free. i can go shopping by bus with a taxi back. train to wigan which has great shops too. so don’t cross everything because i don’t want you to get in a tricky position! going to read in bed with my gin, laughing insanely at the book about tom major from wigan. night night carole x

A trail of chaos is a definite plus.

QED

Grandma, Baileys noooooo, like drinking snot (you have eaten so I figgered it was ok to mention that) x

Not ever indeed, messy business, cheers Sue (I told you I pour you 1) xx

Grandma. You are completely welcome in the Fog. Gin has actually only been mentioned in the Fog in the last few months. And by no means is it compulsory. A certain mindset is more to be desired than a liking for any specific alcoholic beverage. Indeed some members don’t drink at all. That may be anathema to some of us, but to others it’s essential.

And in any case, an invitation isn’t required, all are welcome. So long as they accept a) that AD is utterly insane and yet we trust him as our leader (kind of), b) that all are welcome and no one is to feel uncomfortable or unwanted, unless they are prejudiced or unpleasant, and c) that many of us do literally have a certain amount of cognitive disfunction, or brain fog so we are generally rude but gentle with each other.

So you (and others who don’t drink gin) are welcome. We have been a little mild mannered of late, out of respect for some of our members who are mourning. I think no one wanted to either upset anyone, or seem unsympathetic or unfeeling. So we’ve independently avoided arsing about too much.

But soon, something will break loose and mayhem may ensue.

Sue

Grandma, if snot, erm Baileys is your choice of poison of choice, that’s fine, long as you don’t dip Marmite toast in it (now that would be strange even by this forums standards), as Sue said, it is not a requirement to indulge in the G&T, we are all 1 & different, which makes us all (mad), interesting. You may have just joined the nuttiness, but that doesn’t make any difference, I feel confident enough to call your beverage ‘snot’ you can call G&T what you like, you wont put me off it but, hey, we are all mates in the MS gang, new or not, (even though you dunk & drink snot), if its any help, my brother eats trifle butties, but he’s still my bro, you contribute whatever you want, we are all united, like all our input, yours belongs here, that’s why we are the M (mad) S (sanity challenged) society. xx

1 Like

not sure if it’s pertinent but I like a cup of Bovril occasionally.

I used to have milk-pobs (a Yorkshire ‘dish’ I think) last thing at night but have gone off milk completely - same with tomatoes - can’t stand them.

Funny how our tastes change.

(is this message relevant to this thread? - frankly my dears I couldn’t give a damn!)

pobs!!

my mum used to make us these if we were a bit poorly.

also beef tea with bits of bread in.

true comfort food,

Bovril with milk aaaaaargh!

Bovril - always with boiling water.

What the!!! MILK, in BOVRIL!!! Someone has a very sick sense of humour or they had ordered too much of milk, eeeew, I’ve just had shivers down my back. This is definitely projectile vomit material. It’s banned. I thought Mr Dc was odd, peanut butter & beetroot on toast, but your OH is definitely on a par Grandma! xx

Forgot to add, Tripe is banned as well, I have never, ever smelt anything so disgusting in my life , I’d rather eat kangaroo balls. xx

I agree with you about the crisp sandwiches. Cheese and salt and vinegar crisp sandwiches are quite nice. Or cheese and onion of course. But beetroot in a sandwich. Bleugh. And I have never been tempted to try Roibus tea. Now I know it’s revolting I’m even less likely. And we’re not necessarily quite so picky when it comes to gin. We may all have our favourites but in extremis will probably accept any. Equally, Fevertree Tonic is best, but again, we’ll make do if necessary. Sue

grandma

dark chocolate goes very well with cheese! especially the chocolate with sea salt.

sue - don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!

have a loopy weekend

carole x

Not sure about the chocolate and cheese. But I’ll take your word for it (I wish I had some chocolate with sea salt!).

And as for have a loopy weekend, is there any other kind?

Sue

Five days ago Rosie told us she was going for a “wee sleep”.

Do you think she might have woken up yet?

Bovril with milk has the same colour as milky tea.

I’m just saying.

No I haven’t.

But I had no idea that my opinion was sought after in such exalted circles.

AD

So how do you know it looks like milky tea?

A perfectly reasonable question for dh to ask I’d have thought, Mr ‘I know everything’ Direr.

Sue

This could get ugly - hold my jacket Grandma.

I’m going to leg it when she’s not looking.