NHS Continuing Care

Hi there,

Does anyone you care for have NHS Continuing Healthcare. and if yes what happens next?

Thanks

I replied to your post about this on another board.

pollx

Hi I am new to this site. I am trying to help a friend who has just been denied NHS Continuing Care and wonder if anyone has any advice. I am appealing on their behalf and do have some experience in this area but would appreciate any help. Issey

The key thing to do first when challenging any refusal by the NHS to provide NHS Continuing Healthcare funding is to set out in writing:

a) all the things that have been done incorrectly/badly in the assessment process - right from the start. This could also include any intimidation you feel you’ve encountered, any untruths you’ve been told by assessors, any lack of adherance to the formal assessment timescales, failures on the part of the NHS to constitute a full multidisciplinary team at the full assessment, failure to abide by the National Framework guidelines and/or local authority standing rules, unacceptable behaviour by assessors, etc

b) all the inaccuracies, mistatements of fact, misleading comments and omissions in the Checklist and/or DST report.

The NHS may offer you a Local Dispute Resolution Meeting initially - but in my experience this rarely brings a good result for the individual - and so you may need to argue for a repeat assessment or apply for an Indepdenent Review Panel hearing.

Hope that helps a little.

The key thing to do first when challenging any refusal by the NHS to provide NHS Continuing Healthcare funding is to set out in writing:

a) all the things that have been done incorrectly/badly in the assessment process - right from the start. This could also include any intimidation you feel you’ve encountered, any untruths you believe you’ve been told by assessors, any lack of adherance to the formal assessment timescales, failures on the part of the NHS to constitute a full multidisciplinary team at the full assessment, failure to follow the National Framework guidelines and/or local authority standing rules, unacceptable behaviour by assessors, etc

b) all the inaccuracies, mistatements of fact, misleading comments and omissions in the Checklist and/or DST report(s).

The NHS may offer you a Local Dispute Resolution Meeting initially - but in my experience this rarely brings a good result for the individual - and so you may need to argue for a repeat assessment or apply for an Indepdenent Review Panel hearing.

Hope that helps a little.

I would suggest googling the criteria, it’s a bit like dla when you get X amount of points for how much help is needed with each task, it covers things from communication to breathing. If you find it then you at least know what to fight fir

Just to update hubby was found to be eligable for the funding. At first opposed by his own non medical social worker!!

Dont give up if you know you have primary health needs and it is supported keep going.

1 Like