Newly diagnosed

Today I was told I definitely have MS. Unlike the poor unfortunates on the internet, I was lucky and had a diagnosis in 7 months. Presenting as relapsing remitting as per the majority and my neuro has referred me on given his is a vascular speciaility.

Feelings are mixed. Had prepared myself for today and am feeling mightily positive overall with dashes of sadness for the carefree existence that now evades me.

Such is life and the chocolate Forrest Gump’s box afforded me.

The only way is up. We’re here for a good time not a long time.

As a health professional myself, I’ve seen too many sad cases of people becoming their diseases. I will not be another addition.

My testiment will be, I did it all and I did it smiling.

Wishing everyone on this, a happy, fun filled and sunny outlook.

Hello, I’m sorry about your diagnosis but I love how upbeat and warm your post comes across :slight_smile: I was diagnosed in February this year and like you try to keep a positive mindset, the day I stop finding humour in things is when my time is up! Sam x

Hi Anon, and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

You are obviously pretty clued up on MS which is a great thing.

It is only natural to go on an emotional rollercoaster when first diagnosed… and being a health professional and knowing about MS does not mean that you will completely miss the rollercoaster ride!

So roll with the more negative emotions… sadness, anger, even guilt are natural responses… but don’t get me wrong, feeling positive about the future can only be a good thing.

This is a wonderful forum for support, advice and friendship… so you couldn’t be in a better place.

Take care and best wishes,

Pat x

Hi Anon,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I like your outlook. I’m trying to do the same, although some days are harder than others :slight_smile:

K x

Hi Anon,

You sound so positive and that is what I aim to be, nomatter what life throws at me. Having said that I still feel scared waiting to see the neurologist!!

Good luck, and I will carry your positive thoughts with me on my lowest days.

Jane x