NEW LESIONS ON BRAIN

Hi everyone, I recently had another MRI scan, the last one I had was 4yrs ago, this time I had the spine and the brain, anyway my GP says the spine was good, but that there where new lesions on the brain, now I wont have this explained to me until I see my Neuro in June, now my GP said that she thought it didn’t mean that the MS was active, but because I have SPMS it was progressing, what’s you’re thoughts on this, take care, Jean x

Hi Jean, so sorry to hear you`ve got more lesions. i expect Tina or Rizzo will be along to help explain things to you.

Im not much good on that side of things, im more of the support friend, I hope.

Do you see your neuro in Hudds?

My next appointment is with janet Hallet, MS nurse. But why my neuro made that appointment is a mystery to me, seeing as she said i don`t have MS…???

Anyway, Im fairly sure Ill be asking for that referral to Dr Lily at Seacroft hospital.

Sending hugs,

luv Pollx

Hi Polly thanks for you’re support, yes I’m back to Hudds Neuro, I was with Dr lilly great bloke, but because I don’t take DMD, because I’m SPMS he had to refer me back to Hudd’s much to my dismay, take care, Luv Jean x

Hi Jean,

From what I gather extra lesions mean the load is increasing however symptoms may be very much the same as before as lesions dont always mean another system is being affected,

I had an mri in 2000 then again in 2009 and mine went from 3 to 6. I do have a few extra symptoms but liveable. Im still classed as RRMS because I bounce back to a level each time, although lately mobility slowing more than bouncing back.

I was told by neuro lesions dont always correspond to symptoms and some are silent lesions or old lesions making themselves known. I think silent lesions are lesions which dont affect anything in particular.

Try not to panic, I know most of us do but then calm down when there is a proper explanation by neuro.

Best wishes, take care,

bren

x

Hi Jean, I expect dr Lily will refer me back to halifax, but I wanna hear it from him that I do or don`t have MS.

luv Pollx

Confession: I am not actually sure of the differences in lesion development between RRMS and SPMS. However, I promise to read about it this week coming and let you know! (I’m always glad of an excuse to delve into research papers :-))

Karen x

thanks for that Rizzo, I’m so glad you can do that for me, I go back to my Neuro in June, and would just like to have an idea about them before that, take care, Jean x