New here and feeling confused

Hi all,

So been having investigations for 6 months now for various issues mainly due to losing vision in one eye - been investigated for possible mini stroke (being seen by stroke team and ophthalmology)

In the meantime ive had increase in migraines, dizzy spells and a couple of episodes of vertigo, mentioned this to the ophthalmology dr and they recommended going to gp about referral to neurology - didnt totally get this but i contacted them and had appointment yesterday

Fully expected to be told wasnt needed etc (35 year old female whose mainly healthy) but he said my symptoms cried out ms to him (did say didnt mean it was that tho)

This has me completely floored and dont really know what to make of it all

After doing a google (dont we all after something like that lol) a couple of other symptoms jump out that id never have connected
Fatigue - im a student nurse with 3 kids so had just took it as part of the deal lol

Spasms - i get leg spasms mainly at night again had just put that down to sign my body was tired and wanted sleep

Bladder issues - have had bladder control problems for years mainly when had a cold and coughing and sneezing and being asthmatic whenever i have the lovely asthma cough but had always out down to having the kids

Not sure what im hoping from this post think im just processing and trying to try and make skme sense of everything

Hope youre all doing well

2 Likes

Hi Pingu
All your symptoms sound like could be but not definitely. Have you been told you need an MRI? It’s usually the next step.
I wouldn’t worry to much until they’ve confirmed, which I know is easier said than done. It can be a long wait so enjoy life and relax as much as you can.
Sam x

2 Likes

Morning Pingu, welcome. Sounds like you have a lot going on at the minute. As I know multiple referrals can send you in lots of directions. As Purplebubbles says, an MRI is a key step, this along with seeing a neurologist will help to shed light on whatever is going on with you.

A good number of us will have googled, only natural. Try not to keep revisiting it though, it will have you in a spin if you are not careful.

In the meantime we are here few each other. Take care :blush:

2 Likes

@Purplebubbles Hi and thank you :slightly_smiling_face:
My GP said I’d likely have an MRI - I did already have one in December by the stroke team but my GP said I’d likely need another as Stroke drs and Neurology drs would be looking at different things

@Rogue Hi and thank you :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for the welcome

I’ve had a nightmare few days with a major migraine and fatigue which feels like its knocked me back a few days (not great with the kids on half term lol

Typically it was on this day that I received a phone call from neurology at the hospital offering me an appointment that afternoon but between the migraine and the kids being on half term and hubby at work I was unable to attend which was so frustrating

But they did say someone would be in touch with an appointment after the jubliee weekend so waiting eagerly for next week

On a positive my amazing husband has just booked for myself and my mum (who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis) a 4 day break abroad in 2 weeks so am trying to focus on that and not worry about all this

Hope everyone is well and doing ok, take care :blush:

Half-term and kids, difficult at the best of times without having a migraine. Sounds like you have a great hubby, 4 days away with mum, no matter how old we are, great.

I wonder if you were offered a cancellation… platinum jubilee and all that :rofl:…

Hopefully, you won’t have to wait too much longer…

1 Like

@Rogue

That was my thought too i.e. a cancellation, just glad that I’m top of the list kinda of thing (hense getting the phone call) so shouldn’t be too long I hope. If it is MS or stroke as first believed it is what it is and I’ll deal with it but sitting in limbo and not knowing what is going on is frustrating lol.

Hope you’re well :blush:

Hi Pingu, someone has to be offered a cancellation so why not you?

I had some nerve conduction studies done recently, it was mentioned on a Wednesday had a cancellation on the Saturday. The receptionist actually thanked me for taking the appointment.

Hope you hear soon :blush:

Hi Rogue,

Well Monday I got another phonecall offering me an appointment for Tuesday so was over the moon and then got another phonecall a few hours later telling me the doctor had been called away so would have to cancel so frustrating lol - said I would get another call in next few days so back to waiting

Hope your nerve conduction studies went well?

Hi Pingu, how frustrating. Take heart, at least you are still on the radar. Hopefully you will get another call soon.
Nerve conduction studies, well I can’t believe it but I received a letter today with an appointment for 29th June. I thought that was quick but then looking back I had them done on the 6th May :thinking: I wondered what the tests showed… here we go back on the worry merry go round :smirk:.