New blog (at last!)

Here’s my long overdue blog if you have a spare few minutes for a read

Sonia x

1 Like

Hi Sonia, your blog was very good I feel the same as you…Constantly having a smile on my face and always telling people I’m good, I was out yesterday and I felt so awful, for the first time in ages I had no makeup on and felt as if I couldn’t care less I was so exhausted, the only reason I’d gone out was because Molly my autistic daughter has been misreble stuck in and we were buying her some nail polish . It’s funny because I had the wheelchair on top speed, Frazer running at the side and I heard someone shouting my name , a mum from my son’s primary school from years ago crossed over the road just to say how much she admired me and how was I ect … … like you I said I was fine and life was good …well if I’d have told how awful I felt I’d have probably burst into tears…not a good idea, I didn’t want to draw more attention, that is saved for poor Lee, and sometimes when I’m alone reading the messages on here…but then my years are a relief because the people on here know what it really feels like. Find out if you can get a wheelchair from nhs, I did and I have a salsa mini 2 , it’s wonderful. Michelle and Frazer xx sent from my mobile phone

1 Like

Hello Sonia.

When someone asks how I am I say “still disabled”. It’s only when I’m with my similarly affected friends at physio do I comment on the details. But I still wear a smile. Sometimes with people in general I’ll start listing things in the hope they never ask again. It goes “Well, apart from the lack of mobility, the spasms, the eyesight, the fatigue and the short term memory…what was I saying?” Well it amuses me. Hope you can make progress on the treatment side of things.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments Michelle and Steve. Yes, I will ask about a chair when I see my rehab doctor

Sonia x