Forum

neuro appt

Had my appiontment this week, was soooo rushed :( i had a list with dates of when my symptoms changed ect,a nd my mrs had a list of things she wanted to say and we never got a chance.

Also I never had the bottle to say I thought it may be MS prefering his years of experiance to mine, did I do wrong? I was scared he wouldnt' take me seriously,.

To top it off i had the first appt of the day lol, i numb up as the day goes on so only had a small area, tho tunig fork thing didnt work on my right foot.

But having said that he seemed to be very thorough, confirmed i have numbness in my face asked me how i was after a bath ( i norm get worse after bath or shower ) ect and i have to go for head and spine CT, blood tests ect, so he is giving me the full works, i just hope whatever it is they find it and can get it sorted .

Can i just say reading peoples stories and being able to sound off when feeling bad has been a great help, ms or not you have been a great support in the wee hours,

x ame

It's usually best not to say that you think it could be MS - so don't worry about it at all.

The first appointment is often over very much quicker than we'd like (in fact, most of them are!), but it sounds like your neuro is taking you seriously and that's a very good start. Bit strange that he's sending you for CT and not MRI, but things are moving in the right direction at least and maybe MRI is the next step.

When you see him for the results, make sure you are prepared to get your points in despite his rush. If he starts to get up to show you out and you haven't told him or asked him something important, don't get up! You won't get away with it for very long, but if you start with, "Before I go,....." it's usually enough to get them to sit down again, at least for a wee while :-)

Karen x