Negativity winning

Meg Hutchinson . . I’d Like To Know seems to be cropping up a lot on my Playlists - and I’m glad that it does. Sometimes when it does I think of how ‘I came undone’ when the implications of my diagnosis hit me hard. This Forum is really helping me to keep it all together though.

Not until I’d just watched it Sue, thanks
for the tip . . my next port of call was London
Grammar’s cover of the Chris Isaac song
and so has begun another ‘rabbit hole’ . .

Yes I did, and thank you for your articulate and self-deprecating reply Perhaps you felt, as I did, grateful for the (relatively) late onset of your MS. For me the flipside of that was that I had a lot the ‘future as it might have been’ to let go of. If my symptoms diminish for a while it doesn’t feel impossible to have a meaningful and worthwhile life. One of the most overwhelming emotions was of isolation as in various ways I had become housebound, finding this forum (better late than never) has been a tremendous help and I’m very grateful for all the conversations that I’ve become involved in.

1 Like

Don’t let negativity win, MS is an insidious disease but that’s why we are here!
What if, or if only is a waste of time. Put on your favourite music really loud and blast the cobwebs away.
Be safe, take care Mx

2 Likes

Hello Cruella, I was putting up with feeling like that. A few weeks ago I found this safe space and realised that I didn’t have to put up with it alone. I don’t expect not to feel down again but when I do I hope that even just turning to the Forum to read what others have to say about their own experience will be another coping strategy to try. Btw is that the 102’nd D that you have there, animals can be unconditionally accepting can’t they?

I only discovered Alvin Lee as a guitarist earlier this year. I think this combines volume and clarity really well during the solos with a bit of politics thrown for good 1970’s measure. Hope you like it.

I’ve just read that Sue and smiled all the way through it. Thank you.

Stephen.

I enjoyed the guitar and drums. It seems I need to add Ten Years After to my play list. Not a band I was aware of.
Thanks

I just found a soundtrack from Woodstock. Cracking guitar
I’m Going Home (Live at Woodstock) - YouTube

I also found an article by Jimmy Page with his fave guitarists
Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page picks his favourite guitarists (faroutmagazine.co.uk)

Thanks George… Yes MS can get to us despite having a lot of positives. But D is my link between old walking loads person fields and trips along canal towpath happy days reminiscing to now rolling & shorter distances although we have adapted and grown older together
I love my spotty dogs & now she is 11 and has doggy dementia she will be my last… Hence my handle of cruella tongue in cheek of course. I find humour everyday & in non funny situations helps a bit

You’re welcome Cruella, I like your style.

Thanks for those, esp the link to Jimmy Page’s list. I forwarded it to a good friend (who was also at Knebworth), like me he was pleased to see Little Feat on there.
I have included the following link in case you don’t know the Tedeshi Trucks Band, partly because it’s a recent performance and secondly because there are loads of faster and louder tracks in their archive. This is a great cover of a Layler son. Saturday Sessions: Tedeschi Trucks Band performs “Bell Bottom Blues” - YouTube

This took me on a tour of great links, I was very impressed by tracks like Whipping Post (live - amazing bass player too) and Layla.
Talented band
Thanks

When in doubt ‘cake’ or even positively cake! OR chocolate or even positively chocolate!
Life is a bitch but here we are:) M x

1 Like

Or gin! Or and gin. Positively and gin. Maybe after cake and chocolate? Positively cake, chocolate and gin!

Sue

1 Like

Dear Cruella, there’s no need to apologise for being yourself as you are at the moment (as far as I’m concerned anyway).Tomorrow could be different. “Live for today, learn from yesterday and hope for tomorrow”. Please feel free to remind me of this when necessary for myself!

2 Likes

I am with you on this, it is quite easy to have opinions for others even when we have no idea for ourselves.
Mick

1 Like

sounds like a plan
M

Thank you for the lovely message I am OK at the moment but I am taking a “happy pill” to combat low mood and HRT patch for menupausal symptoms

Feeling positive when you see the plight of others around the world. We are in a pickle / jam. :thinking:

Thank you also!
Can you see the reply I sent George? :earth_africa::cucumber::thinking: X