Negativity winning

Shame Cruella, had you been we could effortlessly exchange music files (ie: tracks) which I’m want to do at every opportunity. If this is of any interest I’m happy to explain how. Anonymity warning - it would involve us sharing email addresses and I’d fully understand if you’re reluctant to do this and we could just reference 'liked/recommended music tracks by name and find them on YouTube. I hope that makes sense to you.

1 Like

Going back to loud rock and female singers - do you know the band ‘Madredeus’? The vocalist is exceptional and the track that hooked me was ‘Haja y Hoover’. They are Portuguese so I’ve never completely understood the lyric but the voice is unique.

1 Like

Nope never heard of any of that. I will take a squint and try some.
Cheers. keep you posted
Mick

1 Like

Found this quite quickly: Madredeus - Haja O Que Houver - YouTube

some more Battle of evermore guitar vibe.
Talented singer but I struggle when I do not understand the lyrics.
Recently I have been enjoying the music of Caro Emerald and Imelda May (who is very versatile: from Rockabilly to acapella with Jeff Beck.

Mick

In the words of Simon Cowell it is a no from me… Sorry George not for my music tastes :musical_score: I am a motown 70s type with random country style & heavy rock in fact most music with the exception of rap :smirk:

1 Like

Hello Mick, sadly my Portuguese is a little rusty as well but I know where you’re coming from. Brilliant live though - 3 guitars, synth and singer, seen twice at the Royal Festival Hall where they filled the house. On the question of volume, where do you stand? I mean in the privacy of our headphones we can do what we like but which are the best live gigs you’ve been to where you can’t hear the people in front of you talking about their holidays?

1 Like

I’m with you on the rap, my exclusion zone also includes opera. Would you like the expand my musical comfort zone and recommend your 3 top Motown tracks?

1 Like

Hmmmm I have always been a fan of the loud stuff. I was in a field in 1979 with more than 100,000 others listening to Led Zeppelin but could barely hear my mates. One concert that got too loud (near the speakers) was Jools Holland and his rhythm & blues band. Another gig that was not overly loud but a huge surprise (large band and very bouncy) was Leonard Cohen in Brighton… great memories. How about you, best live performance?
M

1 Like

Was that Knebworth, I was there? Indoors live - Shepherds Bush c1998 King Crimson. 1. Robert Fripp wanted and got it smoke-free. The sound was crystal clear and yet the volume way beyond 11, it was all enveloping - you could imagine that if you lent forwards into it, you’d be supported. I remember think at the time that if ever I get the chance to share this 40 yrs down the road, I’ll jump at it!

What awesome posts.
We built this ‘City on rock and roll’, Simply the best saw Tina Live, or Diana Ross Chain reaction!
I think you are all brilliant, I have put a ‘i like’ on all the posts. Take care be safe :heart:M x

1 Like

Thanks very much for the likes… It is a forum where you can at least share the emotions MS gives with real people who understand completely what you are going through…

You are far more musically well versed than me
My one &, only live concert was 1988 Wembley Michael Jackson. Can not narrow motown to 3 far to many hits I like but I am currently listening to Bruce Sringstein letter to you
an actual cd and I am enjoying it lots…

1 Like

Indeed Knebworth August 11 1979, I had to go by train because my mum would not let me use my moped (can’t think why!!!) I was wearing braces and no t-shirt so got sun and windburn which turned my torso the same colour pink as my nipples, but I had 2 bright white go faster stripes where the braces were. :relaxed: when I got home my dad stood me in front of the garage doors and took a photo…
Your King Crimson concert sounded great too.
I went to a Black Sabbath concert but had no ticket, so stood outside the sport centre venue where I heard it all without damaging my ears.
Mick

I bet it was an amazing experience to see MJ live, not really my cup of tea, but what a talented entertainer.
Mick

Blimey Tina Turner and Diana Ross, some classy concerts.
Mick

Not all rap is garbage (mostly but not all ! )
If I lived to be a 1000 I could not cope with opera solos. (Choral stuff can be OK but I still prefer heavier Beethoven type stuff)
M

Talking of Robert Fripp, have you seen Toyah and Robert’s Sunday Lunch? Absolutely brilliant!

Sue

2 Likes

What a momento! :rofl:

Cracks me up

Well, I think you stopped while you were ahead - Michael Jackson Live at Wembley Arena! How can you top that? Re: Bruce Springsteen, I don’t know him at all really but have just watched the Vevo of ‘Letter To You’. A real song sung by real musicians playing real instruments what’s not to like? I’ll investigate him further. Interestingly, I think I recognised one member of his band from earlier vids which must mean that the band have stuck together for a while, always to be applauded - I’ll try to send you something in return.