Need better understanding.

Hi there,
I’m newly diagnosed and waiting to see my MS nurse. I’m full of unanswered questions and stuff I need to know. But right I’m struggling I think I’ve just had a relapse that lasted 7 weeks foot pain leg numbness in my leg and arm all left side really. It died down but the last couple of days my left arm has been so painful to touch and feels swollen but it’s not. Is this just an on going symptom or another relapse? I’m really confused as to what’s everyday struggle or a relapse. Is it the heat that causing it all I don’t know.

1 Like

I am new to MS too and I agree it is very difficult to understand.

I started with a slightly numb face last year that I am not sure I would call a relapse but it must have been.

Since then I have had other strange things but mainly when I have been on steroids or antibiotics. I do believe after a relapse and after lesions, things are never fully repaired. So things like heat, stress etc can bring on the symptoms again.

Are you due to start treatment?

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, yes I’m due a lumber puncture then decisions on what treatment is available.
My left side is just knackered I walk like I’m walking on stones my arm leg and hip give off an ice cold feeling and constantly hurt to touch so this heat is having my life as I don’t want to put other layers on to sooth the pain as I’m melting it’s awful. Can’t wait to have all my questions answered and a better understanding of it all.