Neck pain

Hi, This might not be MS related, im not sure. I’ve had really bad neck for the last few weeks & it seems to be getting worse. I had a cold when it started so I just put it down to that. The cold has gone but the pain isn’t shifting. I occasionally feel light headed from it, but I guess that could be a coincidence. Does anyone else suffer from neck pains?

Hi, I get neck pain but see a chiropracteur which really helps it was affecting my swallowing if I go every 6 months I don’t get any problems.

Hi MM, :slight_smile:

I have a bad neck, but mine is down to degeneration. Could it be possible that you ‘cricked’ it?

Probably worth taking anti-inflammatories and paracetamol, and if it makes it feel better then it could just be that you’ve hurt it without realising.

If it doesn’t go away, it’s probably worth seeing GP and giving MS nurse a call. If you’ve had an MRI (cervical spine) lately, you could always request a copy of the radiologist’s report, as neuro’s don’t always go into detail in their follow-up letters.

If you do see a chiropractor, please make sure they don’t ‘crack’ your neck, as it could cause further damage (speaking from experience).

Mags :slight_smile: x