Neck and head pain

Hi everyone, I have rrms. Nearly every morning I wake up with a pain on the top of my head, also neck pain. I have tried different pillows etc in case it’s due to posture. Has anyone experienced this ?? Any advise please ?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi there!

Funnily enough, although I’ve just been diagnosed with PPMS, about 18 months ago I suffered the same thing for about two weeks. It got so bad that I had to call the doctor out and, after trying various meds, he gave me Amitriptyline which finally did the trick and the pain has never returned (fingers crossed).

Like you, I tried some different pillows but to no avail. Looking back, I can only guess that it may have been something to do with the MS but, as no MRI was done at that time as MS was not then suspected, it may be forever a mystery.

My pain was there 24/7 but, if yours is only there when you wake up, then maybe it is your posture whilst sleeping. I did try at one point to sleep sitting up which was slightly better for a while. Might be worth mentioning it to your doctor and/or MS Nurse to see if they can help.

Hoping you feel a lot better soon.