My blood is boiling!!!!

I do have kids yeah, two girls 7 and 5 who I want to be healthy for so I can enjoy time with them instead of being tired all the time and sleeping at every opportunity! In my heart I don’t think it’s psychological at all. Does a raised ESR blood test have anything to do with anything? Mines been raised over the last couple of years consistently. I wonder how much a private consultation is. I didn’t think 9 weeks was so bad because I have waited nearly 5 months for this appointment it’s just all of a sudden I have become inpatient! I can always see my GP for the MRI results as she requested it, just need them to report it. I didn’t ask her to explain no. Should have done I guess xx

I saw a Rheumatologist privately in 2006. It cost me about £160 then.

A raised ESR can be normal in some people, it can suggest inflammation somewhere in the body. Maybe discuss that with your gp.

Regarding your MRI results. Yes, find out your results from your gp. My gp actually was the one that downloaded my scan results that showed the brain lesions…suggestive of demyelinating disease.

Whatever the outcome is, you are obviously not well physically, so need to look at what you can do practically, to improve your energy levels.

Have a discussion with your husband when you’ve caught up on some rest. Think about taking some time off work or reducing your hours.

Becoming a patient is awful…I know!! I try not to think about the past, it doesn’t help me. I just try to take each day as it comes…its the only way I can cope. This site has been my lifeline

Its early days for you, You will get there…be kind to yourself.

Noreen

Well i rang the GP today and told MRI results normal, so obviously all in my head and have been imagining these issue x

When you go back to see the neuro, ask about having a scan of your spine.

Its good that your scan is clear but I can understand why your frustrated…your still left with the symptoms.

You know its not all in your mind really, so don’t think like that. It may or may not be ms…but it does seem to be something neurological and it needs sorting out.

Take care, Noreen

I do know it can’t be really. Was a little stressed yesterday. The neuro said she wouldn’t be relying on the report she wants to see the images herself so I guess I have somebody who wil be very thorough. I did have vitamin b12 deficiency which is supposedly have been corrected. I think the chance of ms is now pretty low isn’t it with a clear brain scan? Xx

Hopefully for you and your family its not, it does look like it lowers the chances but I honestly don’t know…I’m not a neurologist.

I do think you should definitely ask for a spinal scan because of some of the symptoms you’ve listed. If you don’t ask, she just may be happy to lay at the psychy door and then you will never know for sure. Thats just me thinking…I could be wrong!!

I’d be feeling stressed…it does your head in. Like I said before, you still feel unwell and have to address that whatever the diagnosis. Some time off work may give you some breathing space to think.

What do you want to do about work? Do you want a scan of your spine? make a list about want you want xxx

I need to carry on with work and the same hours and then just rest as much as I can when I can. they did mention the possibility of ME but who knows. A spinal scan would be good to put my mind at rest, it could be a slipped disc or something like the causing some of the symptoms I don’t know. I’m gonna make an appointment with the GP I think to discuss what the neuro said and what she thinks could be wrong to put my mind at ease before my next appt in march xx

Well, that sounds like a good plan to me.

If things get too much at work then you can always go on sick leave.

Take care, Noreen

Hi Superbecks, Hope you are not feeling too bad, it’s an horrendous place to be in limbo. I have had suspected ms amongst stuff in my head, but I am waiting for an MRI in light of recent symtoms. I don’t want to appear rude, but wondered which hospital you were under? Sam

Thanks Noreen.

I’m at LGI. Sam have you had an MRI before for your suspected MS? x

Hi superbecks, I dunno if you`ve ever seen any of my posts, but i have beeen having typical ppms type symptoms for 16 years.

i`ve seen the same number of neuros and I have messed about re a diagnosis for most of that time.

I had 4 mris, 2 lps, 2 emgs, 1 vep and gallons of blood tests. Everything came back normal.I was mis-dx`d with ppms for several years. my current dx is;

spastic paraparesis/cause unknown.

One thing I want to pass on to you is this;

a long term mser once told me never to cry in front of docs/neuros, because they will put you down as neurotic and not take you seriously. I think there could be some truth in that.

Hope you get your dx soon.

luv Pollx

Thanks Boudica. Wow took you a long time for a diagnosis. I do always bloody cry and i did cry at the neuro appointment. I will have to try and be brave, it’s just the fatigue that wears me down. Everything else i could cope with but having so little energy is horrible. Im 29, i don’t go on nights out because i would rather be tucked up in bed. I do 3 12 hour shifts a week and then if i have a day off and the kids are at school i come back home and go to bed for 5 odd hours and im in a deep sleep for that time. I’m just about to curl up in the chair now hubby is home. I struggle to even do a food shop. It’s ridiculous now xx

Poll - you’ve had all those tests and everyone is normal despite being so disabled by ‘whatever it is you have’? I am really shocked. I guess modern medicine still has a way to go… You must have the patience of a saint Poll - hats off to you.

Kat x