MS and pregnancy

Hi Everybody

My name is Helen, I am a student midwife and my link to MS is I had 2 friends (Julia and Kath) who both had the condition. I have chosen the topic of MS for my last essay of this year, because of my link with the condition and because I like to be different, most of the girls in my class are doing either obesity or diabetes.

I am actually looking for some help! Although I have books from the library, I am after feedback from anybody that is pregnant or has been recently and how you managed the MS and pregnancy. Also did you receive any additional midwifery care or did you just see your MS doctor or nurse more regularly? Any information will be gratefully received.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Take care

Helen xx

Sorry cannot help, as I adopted Hope someone can X

Had my 2 pre diagnosis so can’t help, sorry.

Hi Helen, I’m 21 weeks pregnant and happy to help! I have had really good care so far. As I’m classed as ‘high risk’ due to the MS, I see the midwives at the hospital each time rather than the community midwives. I saw the obstetrician at my first 2 appointments however in the last 2 the midwife went off, spoke to the OB about how I was doing and OB felt she did not need to see me. However on each occasion I was asked if I wanted to chat to the OB and it would have been no problem if i had. I’ve kept the MS nurse and consultant up to date with the pregnancy. I’ve started having migraines which the consultant reckons are a result of the MS/ pregnancy combination. So I had an extra 2 consultant appointments, an extra MS nurse appointment and have been told to let them know if I need any more. Both the MS and midwifery staff have been brilliant. Feel free to PM me if you need any more info! Good luck with the final project, Rosie

Thank you to those of you that can’t help but took the time to read my post.

Rosie

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and reply. Thank you for sharing the info you posted here, it is very helpful. At present I don’t need any additional info but if I do, I will take you up on your offer and PM you. I sincerely hope the migraines disappear for you, it is good to hear that everybody has been helpful to you.

Please feel free to post or PM me if you want to share more, otherwise I will be in touch soon.

Once again thanks for your time.

Take care and good luck!

Helen xx