MRI's a very close shave

I honestly don’t think even Motörhead turned up to 11 would drown out the MRI racket. So I just say no to music. And quite often fall asleep. It’s kind of soporific. For me anyway.

Sue

Hell’s fury wouldn’t drown the bugger out!!!

I had an MRI 20+ years ago after a horse kicked me in the head. I had been welding on an old car a few days before the injury. The nurses warned me it would be noisy and metal might come through my skin. I had been studying meditation so I got into the mode and had no problems for the 30 minute coffin-nap. Since then I’ve had 5 MRIs because of the MS. Other than the newer models being smaller and therefore more cramped the MRIs never bothered me. A friend who’s a vietnam era veteran has to be forced into the tube because of flashbacks from the war.

kaypeeoh

what about dental fillings?

[quote=“krakowian”] what about dental fillings? [/quote] I know you can’t take them out but is it safe to have an MRI if you’ve a mouthful of metal fillings?

yep , safe in an MRI scanner

Just as well really, I’ve got a mouthful of the buggers. 1970s dentistry.

Sue

I prepared really well for my last one , pull on bra , t shirt dress, took piercings out and make up off … so clever I got in with my wedding ring on … major panic pushed buzzer only to be told if it isn’t hot it will be fine … it buzzed a bit but that’s it … I rather stupidly had expected my hand to be stuck t the machine …or worst still blow it up !