MRI after effects

Hi
I have SPMS and had another MRI on Tuesday. Ever since I can remember, having an MRI has affected me badly and made me virtually unable to move afterwards. It happens whether or not I have contrast, so I know it’s not that. I was almost coming out of a really bad relapse since beginning of November, and now I feel like I am back to square one again. Am I just a freak, or do MRIs affect others in this way? I know I have a back problem which is exacerbated by the 40 minutes of lying totally still and flat, but it hasn’t always been as bad, but the effect on me of the MRI has got progressively worse to the stage where I now dread having an MRI because of it. I wouldn’t wish this effect on anyone else, but am I alone or does it affect others in a similar way?
It’s made me quite down as I thought I was almost at whatever my “new normal” is after the relapse, which hit me out of the blue, as I was resigned to steady progression, and thought my relapses were now a thing of the past!

They normally put a cushion under my knees for an MRI. Makes things much more comfortable for the long wait. Also, the Gd contrast gives me a headache - well I attribute it to the Gd anyway as I don’t recall the same headache when non-contrast MRI’s were performed.