Modern heroes

Hello.

In the light of some of the recent posts, it is clear that a lot of people are facing many problems, both physical, mental and financial. It leaves me full of admiration. I know I have problems but I have a lot of blessings too. This leads to a few scrambled words on the subject. There are so many heroes in and around us:

Best wishes.

5 Likes

Steve, it’s so very true. I’m still surprised on a regular basis at how amazingly lovely my family & friends are.

Sonia x

3 Likes

Lovely blog Steve, so true, thanks.

Pam x

2 Likes

Yep hero’s each and everyone

2 Likes

Hi steve i agree with you there are many different types of heroes. My family and friends laugh at me because since i got this dreadful illness i have a thankful story about everything, usually about poor ill children and their familys what they must be going through.So i am always thankful that my children,grandchildren and great grandchildren are all healthy and happy.Im usually a happy sole but sometimes i have down days like us all.love jo

3 Likes

So true Steve! Great blog!

Pat xx (Tweeted it)

2 Likes

I love your blog Steve, I never want to forget those Heroes. Sometimes having this disorder can get me down and i can feel overwhelmed. We probably all have our sad days but when i see the true Heroes that are out there it humbles me. Iv’e just read a copy of UCAN its a magazine Lee picked up from Sainsburys its a free mag, maybe it new because this is issue 1. I was so inspired by the experiences of both young and old. There was a lovely story about a woman in her thirties in a wheelchair she has MD, she really inspired me …she ends the article with " We are only limited by the limits we set ourselves.

Michelle & Frazer xx

2 Likes

Very thought provoking blog Steve. Everyone has strengths and like your mum, my dad has always been my hero and has done everything in his power to bring us up to be caring responsible adults. To see him now totally crippled with MND which is probably one of the most cruel illnesses, paralyzing the body while leaving the brain fully functional is awful. He is a good man who has worked hard, done a lot for charity and served his country in the military for many years. It’s so unfair that he is now left like this. And now I find it very humbling when he thanks me for hoisting him up off the floor, feeding him his yogurt or giving him his shave.

No matter how heroic we consider people that little bit of love and support we can provide for them is appreciated. Sometimes those few lines we type to respond to a comment posted here gives a lift to someone who needs it. I know I’ve been very moved by the support I’ve had from people and I try to respond to most posts as I know how lost I feel at times even though my family and friends think I cope with everything so well. People facing the same challenges are usually the only ones who really understand how difficult it can be when we smile and say “Yes, I’m fine thanks, how are you?”.

There are definitely many heroes here.

Cath x

3 Likes

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes.

This is a lovely little clip -

1 Like

Ahh, well said Steve, Never was a truer word written, your blog is spot on and brought my belief to the front of my mind, that there are many hero’s, near and far. Thanks x

1 Like

Stefos what a lovely video it reminded me of when my children were little it made me cry ( in a nice way )aww memories.Jo x

1 Like