mobility car

HI all

I got a mobility car in October, fantastic as I hadn’t drove for a year and really missed it!

My problem now is my left leg is getting so bad, (right one no good at all) I’m struggling to lift it into the car. Then to worn out

To drag my right leg in. Often someone has to do this for me!

Just starting to worry now, as I’ve had this car for such a short time it’s supposed to be three years

Any ideas anyone and has this happened to any of you?

Thanks x

Hi Tess, would a leg lifter help?

Take a look at this link:

http://www.mymobilityshop.co.uk/09-111-8793-leg-lifter/p384?source=froogle&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=comparison_shopping_feeds&utm_nooverride=1&gclid=COSAluuK47YCFdHLtAodjWgAfA

Google ‘Disabled leg lifter’ to see various prices etc.

You could also phone Motorbility and see if they have any advice… maybe a seat that swivels or something?

Also suggest you google ‘Disabled car aids’ and see if you can find anything.

Good luck… hope you find something and happy motoring!

Pat x

Hi, there are things to help you get into your car.

I have a leg lifter and it is great. Kooks like a stiffened dog lead, without the dog!

I got it from a physio, but dont think they are expensive.

Hope you get sorted soon.

luv Pollx

ps congrats for getting back behind the wheel.

hi tess,

I’ve got exactly the same problem with my mobility car but the only difference is that I’ve had it 2 years.

I contacted mobility & they have agreed to terminate my 3 year contract & allow me to get a more suitable vehicle. this is something they will do, if they cannot adapt your car for you.

It’s worth a try contacting them, they are really helpful & I’m sure would help you…

john

Thanks for all your advice! :slight_smile:

I have a leg lifter never thought to use it, so tried today but as it’s my left leg I need to get in first no good can’t balance on my right leg at all. But after I had managed to get in was great for lifting my right leg :slight_smile: .

So I will give it a few more weeks see how I get on the if no better may have to give them a call and see what’s Possible.

Once again thankyou xx

Thanks for all your advice! :slight_smile:

I have a leg lifter never thought to use it, so tried today but as it’s my left leg I need to get in first no good can’t balance on my right leg at all. But after I had managed to get in was great for lifting my right leg :slight_smile: .

So I will give it a few more weeks see how I get on the if no better may have to give them a call and see what’s Possible.

Once again thankyou xx

i have hand controls, though truthfully used them twice as my MS means that i am better with gears as i need to keep my limbs moving or they seize up