Married but lonely

Thanks Sop. I think it is harder when my wife does not understand what I go through on a daily basis which makes it difficult. I have even contemplated running well I can’t run lol but get as far away from this as it seems I’m the only one losing my sanity.

1 Like

I have only just read this thread. A bit late I know !!!

As has been said. Excellent advice.

I am very lonely too. But still married…

I am going to take yr advice.

How are you doing Hebe?

Anne

Alot of us can understand how you are feeling as people who don’t have MS (my wife) really don’t get it - she’s a wonderful lady that I love & hopefully she loves me but is such a busy busy person that I feel like running away at times & saying that I can’t cope with all this & I just need a break - the important things in life are the quality of life & the things that make us happy…I watched the C4 programme about the Moffat family (gogglebox) that lived with an Nambian tribe in Africa & realised that those folk may have very little but they have alot of happiness.

No I think we all feel like that sometimes, just post what you feel and it really does help.

Those sort is programs really make you appreciate life and how we have so much but never fulfilled. My wife is the same a busy person who does not stop and gets frustrated with me all the time as she says that I can do a lot more than I do not recognising the struggle of carrying out everyday tasks. It pains me as I was doing a lot more and independent 2 years ago. I wish I can go back to that as currently I feel physically destroyed and want to give up on life. If it was not for my two kids don’t think I would have anything to live for.

1 Like

I know its difficult but we have to be strong and stand up for ourselves & say NO - i’m not able to do that or don’t feel like doing that - confidence can take a knock we can feel like we have nothing to live for but we have everything to live for - each one of us are special as it takes a very strong person to cope with MS - stronger than all those “busy” folk.

I agree with you but it is easier said rehab done when you don’t have the will effort and also when you do, nothing seems good enough. I’m trying to develop the thought of feeling sorry for yourself will not get you anywhere. It is extremely difficult to change your trail of thought when all you see is people criticising you.