Mark Lewis Channel 4

I enjoyed the programme. I do not have MS. However for the ordinary viewer like I am it did at least show us a bit more about the disease and the impact it has on lives. It was very brave of the couple to allow the filming and their strength and determination is admirable.

I was not at all surprised when we were told about Mark’s childhood as his behaviour now stems from that ( which in my view is not in the mani caused by the disease but by his personality fashioned by his upbringing). It was no surprise to learn he was on his third relationship and one assumes two earlier divorces took place and he is difficult to live with and probably prefers his own company as do many of us. He has also attempted to overcome a class barrier too.

I think he lost a lot of weight by the end and felt and looked better for it - recent photographs of him show the same too.

We should not discount research such as that by Dr Wahls in relation to MS and food and indeed the impact eating well has on mood too for everyone.