Forum

manuka honey need help

Well I shall try it and keep Yas posted if it makes and difference to me

Hi Sherrie my understanding is that it has anti-inflammatory properities and is used in lots of illnesses for that reason. I am no expert but the cost reflects the strength of the honey, the higher the strength the better, sceptically stated. I bought some for my daughter who has ulcerative colitis, with the hope it would help, she soon got fed up with it and made a great hair conditoner out of it instead, she had great shiney hair and I had a disgusted look on my face. Joking aside anything is worth a go and it is natural at the end of the day so it won’t hurt. Lou x

I bought it for my son who has Ulcerative co;otis too and hoped it would calm down his irritated gut but he is an adult with a mind of his own and he never takes anything long enough to really “test” it.

However as a former community nurse I have used shop bought Manuka on my friends for healing leg ulcers cuts etc. O know there are fake manuka honeys out these so I buy drom reputable souces and yes the price is higher the higher the “active” number but the lower active plus 5 can just be used more frequently to try it out.

If you find it helps you can always splash the cash on a higher value active plus number.

In my opinion it works best on direct contact so eating it is less likely to help…even so I would try anything to get my son well which is why I bought high value plus 20 for him.

It healed a long term leg ulcer which the NHS refused to cough up Manuka dressings for and it di reduce healing time on my cat,s fighting injury I feel sure.

I would recommend it if you can afford it, worht a try and cannot do any harm

Elljay

That’s interesting Elljay, are you writing this information down? Maybe you should :slight_smile: Noreen x

I have spread the word through my family and friends and shared with other nurses when I worked but not written any of it down.

Elljay

It’s an interesting subject. I have heard of honey being used as a poultice. Obviously, there must be something in this for the NHS to be using honey dressings. Same thing for sterile maggots…I used to like doing them in dressings :slight_smile: I was a child that liked worms and things :slight_smile: You should write it down :slight_smile:

I could definitely taste the difference between local honey and manuka. I could taste the tea tree flavour in it, and as much as I love using tea tree products to shower with, I couldn’t get used to the taste. I had mine years ago from Holland & Barrett when it first became popular.

Unless you buy certain honey, you can bet it will have come into this country in big drums from China and that it will have been sterilised, and therefore useless for conditions that need it’s anti-microbial properties. Still nice on toast, though! Check out the labels on the jars. Blended and non-Eu are not worth buying for “medical” properties. If you can find a local hive, the bee-keeper will explain it all to you - and sell you honey that can help hay fever symptoms apparently (in case anyone here suffers).

I could definitely taste the difference between local honey and manuka. I could taste the tea tree flavour in it, and as much as I love using tea tree products to shower with, I couldn’t get used to the taste. I had mine years ago from Holland & Barrett when it first became popular.

Unless you buy certain honey, you can bet it will have come into this country in big drums from China and that it will have been sterilised, and therefore useless for conditions that need it’s anti-microbial properties. Still nice on toast, though! Check out the labels on the jars. Blended and non-Eu are not worth buying for “medical” properties. If you can find a local hive, the bee-keeper will explain it all to you - and sell you honey that can help hay fever symptoms apparently (in case anyone here suffers).

I love honey and am reading this in bed I am now very hungry

Can’t get anything till I Heather gets me up in the morning, we have some honey marmalade bought from beekeepers at the local farmer’s market. My tummy is rumbling. Night night.

Don I am starving now

Can’t get anything till I Heather gets me up in the morning, we have some honey marmalade bought from beekeepers at the local farmer’s market. My tummy is rumbling. Night night.

Don I am starving now

Don I am starving now

Don I am starving now